Browns General Discussion

candyman93

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Look a graph that states how badly we have been boned by the refs

The only negative I heard about Stefanski prior to us hiring him: His offense shuts down when a penalty gets called. He has to have manageable yardage for his offense to work or it complete shuts down.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

The only negative I heard about Stefanski prior to us hiring him: His offense shuts down when a penalty gets called. He has to have manageable yardage for his offense to work or it complete shuts down.

That’s just about every offense tho. Gotta stay on schedule or you will struggle. When it goes from 3rd and 5 to 3rd in 10 and so fourth. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That’s just about every offense tho. Gotta stay on schedule or you will struggle. When it goes from 3rd and 5 to 3rd in 10 and so fourth. 

I’m speaking more or less on 1st down. Even if it happens on 1st down, he kind of gives up on the drive.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s just wrong. All time bad take.  The man has never dropped a pass in his career and has produced every time he’s given a chance. 

Don't really feel like arguing about it, but there's a reason why he was getting ZERO action on the free agent market. He signed a cheap deal with us. Multiple coaching staffs don't think he's very good, and I happen to agree with them. Again, I'm fine with having him on the team as a #4 or #5, and I'm glad he catches the ball when it gets thrown to him.

9 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

but there's a reason why he was getting ZERO action on the free agent market. He signed a cheap deal with us. Multiple coaching staffs don't think he's very good, and I happen to agree with them.

Weird because I thought you were describing Clowney when I read this and he’s been our 2nd best defensive player.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Weird because I thought you were describing Clowney when I read this and he’s been our 2nd best defensive player.

That's way different. Clowney wasn't getting signed because he wanted a truckload, he's had trouble staying healthy, and he's basically a mercenary.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Random thought, why can’t we do what Tennessee has done to good teams…? Other than Harold Landry and Kevin Byard, their defense is just JAGs and castoffs.

The only major difference is that their WRs are better than ours.

I think because vrabel does a good job getting that defense ready. They run a good scheme and know their jobs. 

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think because vrabel does a good job getting that defense ready. They run a good scheme and know their jobs. 

I think you’re right. It’s gotta be scheme.

If you’re a draft nerd you recognize some of the names, but most people probably don’t.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/TEN

Conklin has a dislocated elbow.

Just call it a season and shut guys down. Tell Baker to get surgery. It’s stupid for him to gut it out for a 8-9 win season. The tough guy **** is how you end up without a QB next year too.

Move OBJ and maybe Jadeveon if he wants to play for a contender.

A loss next week will probably brings fans to reality that this is 2019 all over again.

Edited by candyman93

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Conklin has a dislocated elbow.

Just call it a season and shut guys down. Tell Baker to get surgery. It’s stupid for him to gut it out for a 8-9 win season. The tough guy **** is how you end up without a QB next year too.

Move OBJ and maybe Jadeveon if he wants to play for a contender.

A loss next week will probably brings fans to reality that this is 2019 all over again.

The overreaction thread is in Gen.

• Like 5

I see this team finishing around .500 or so. They are far and away the most injured team in the NFL, and they have some real flaws in the passing game. While I know it's popular to blame Baker, and he's certainly not absolved completely, OBJ has been worthless, Hooper dropped a TD pass the first drive of the game (not a great pass, but it hit him squarely in both hands), Landry fumbled in the Red Zone in the 4th Quarter and then dropped 2 passes, Higgins dropped a pass and committed a drive killing false start, DPJ has been good but he's been hurt the last two weeks, and their 3rd and 4th down defense under Woods the past 2 years has been HISTORICALLY BAD.

They need a couple more weapons on the outside, and considering they're spending $30+ million a year on OBJ and Landry, the type of production they're getting there is just BAD.

They could use another interior DL and some LB help as well.

Ward and JJ3 being hurt definitely didn't help, and Conklin with his dislocated elbow (plus his knee injuries) put our 4th OT in again yesterday, not to mention Hunt not being available and Baker playing hurt.

It's a perfect storm type of year for the Browns. They won a lot of 1 possession games last year, and this year they're losing them (Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers). They really don't have a deep threat to stretch the field, so teams are starting to figure out that they can get away with loading the box, because no one on their offense can "run by you" on the outside to stretch the field.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They need a couple more weapons on the outside, and considering they're spending $30+ million a year on OBJ and Landry, the type of production they're getting there is just BAD.

They just need to completely overhaul the unit.

OBJ, well, I’ve said plenty there.  I know we all love Juice for his intensity and such, but he’s a slow, small slot guy whose hands aren’t as good as people’s perception of them.  I wouldn’t mind keeping him, but not at 15 million.  Maybe like a third to half of that.

Go out and bring in a competent FA, spend some draft picks, etc. and rebuild the unit.

They could use another interior DL and some LB help as well.

Always.

It's a perfect storm type of year for the Browns.

Maybe it will be, but maybe it’s just a rough start.  Like, clearly this isn’t a super bowl team, but we’re in no way out of the playoff picture.

They won a lot of 1 possession games last year, and this year they're losing them (Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers). They really don't have a deep threat to stretch the field, so teams are starting to figure out that they can get away with loading the box, because no one on their offense can "run by you" on the outside to stretch the field.

The run by you thing is part of it, but an even bigger issue is no one outside of Njoku, Felton and DPJ have made a goddam play for a score.

At some point someone has to make the contested catch, a one handed grab, break a tackle or some ankles and do something on their own.

• Like 1