Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fify

I mean, Baker HAS to play better, but it’s what I’ve said for weeks now. After shredding his shoulder, we aren’t going to know if he’s the guy or not this year, and that’s really a shame for everyone. Hopefully we can scrap our way to about 9 wins and see signs of life and pieces to build around or at least cut bait with, including staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, Baker HAS to play better, but it’s what I’ve said for weeks now. After shredding his shoulder, we aren’t going to know if he’s the guy or not this year, and that’s really a shame for everyone. Hopefully we can scrap our way to about 9 wins and see signs of life and pieces to build around or at least cut bait with, including staff.

I think part of this whole thing is realizing what you have and don’t have.

We still need a linebacker or two.

We need a whole new receiving corp more or less.

We need a reliable 3rd tackle. Hance has played hard, but he can’t be starting for weeks at a time.

We need a more aggressive passing game.

We need a more aggressive and perhaps capable DC. 

All things considered, that’s not insurmountable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

In b4 he defends him for being hurt while simultaneously ignoring Bakers shredded shoulder 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

In b4 he defends him for being hurt while simultaneously ignoring Bakers shredded shoulder 

Then he shouldn't be playing if he is trying to tough out and injury and perform like a bottom 3 QB in the league. Why is he out there then, you pay Keenum big money for this exact reason.

I'm just sort of done making excuses for his rollercoaster of a career. Bottom line is he is going to have to show some semblance of consistency before he gets a 30M+ per year extension.

• Like 1

Stefanski: "Inconsistency is certainly frustrating... We've got to have accountability with the players and correct those things. Anytime you're inconsistent like we are right now, it's really frustrating.” 

Mayfield: "Everybody in our building has to look in the mirror and just kind of reevaluate and be accountable to themselves, to each other...everybody needs to hold themselves accountable."

AshamedInfiniteAnnashummingbird-size_res

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker is a game manager. He has to have running backs destroy teams for him to have success. Kinda reminds me of Mark Sanchez.

So if Baker is who the front office wants, we need to build an all time great defense.

So... you've compared him to Andy Dalton at one point, then Rex Grossman, and now Mark Sanchez? Your comparisons are all over the place.