Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It would probably cost a 2nd to sell the contract like we did with osweiler to get out of it.

I mean, I’m not even saying no to Wilson, but it won’t be easy.  It means probably no Clowney and definitely no other FA moves.

Maybe a competent DC fixes the defense, but we’re still not without holes.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I’m not even saying no to Wilson, but it won’t be easy.  It means probably no Clowney and definitely no other FA moves.

Maybe a competent DC fixes the defense, but we’re still not without holes.

Wilson would be excellent for us, I think he would make the whole offense outstanding. He would boost the run game, and the passing game. 

A competent DC would be a game changer with our talent. The guys want to play hard, they have good team chemistry, ita just they arent put into a position to succeed, moreover they are often put in spots to fail. We are not prepared for screen passes, end arounds and 3rd down. Basically we are not prepared for nfl offenses. 

Put myles and and clowney on one side and blitz off the other. That would create havoc for someone like mac jones. With Man coverage and a deep safety. We have the cover guys to play that.

So annoying.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Sometimes I look at the PFF numbers and wonder how it can be accurate. This is not the case here. These have been our best players. The one guy that’s missing that I would’ve expected though is Jadeveon Clowney. Aside from the Chubb/hunt duo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Sometimes I look at the PFF numbers and wonder how it can be accurate. This is not the case here. These have been our best players. The one guy that’s missing that I would’ve expected though is Jadeveon Clowney. Aside from the Chubb/hunt duo.

Thought JOK was supposed to be up there.

Not enough snaps?

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

PFF on values high volume pass catching running backs, but aside from Chubb not being there, I agree with you and @candyman93

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

One thing I will say I think is 100% obvious after this past weekend is that we need to put a second round tender on D’Earnest Johnson.

Kid is a player and letting him walk would be dumb imo.

Agree, he is the perfect fit on this team and I would love to see more formations with a mix of 2 with Chubb, Hunt, Felton, and Him. Hell put all 4 of them on the field 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, JDD said:

Agree, he is the perfect fit on this team and I would love to see more formations with a mix of 2 with Chubb, Hunt, Felton, and Him. Hell put all 4 of them on the field 

Go back to the Homa triple option!!!!!  

Edited by big poppa pump
Actually wouldn't mind doing that on short yardage, and near the goal line! You would think the creative genius that is Kevin Stefanski would be on board!
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Go back to the Homa triple option!!!!!  

I've never understood why would wouldn't run a few plays with Chubb and Hunt in the backfield. The PAP would be pretty awesome and hunt in the flat is a great dump off option

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JDD said:

Agreed.

I think the coaching staff needs to acknowledge Johnson is a player and not just some average 3rd string schmuck.

Even with Chubb and Hunt healthy, he needs some touches/opportunities. Maybe use Hunt more in the slot to try to help these anemic receivers and let Johnson get more reps as the reserve RB.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

I think the coaching staff needs to acknowledge Johnson is a player and not just some average 3rd string schmuck.

Even with Chubb and Hunt healthy, he needs some touches/opportunities. Maybe use Hunt more in the slot to try to help these anemic receivers and let Johnson get more reps as the reserve RB.

Would much rather see 2 of these 3 guys out there, as opposed to having all 3 (very average) TE's out there.  Or take a spot away from the even more average WR's, as you mentioned

• Like 2