Browns General Discussion

candyman93

First Hooper, now Njoku. Berry hasn't done well with TEs so far minus drafting a solid backup in Bryant.

I like Njoku, but that is way too much money. Much rather him prove it this year as the #1 TE before we give him a massive extension.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get having confidence in a guy, but holy hell you’d think they’d have to prove a little more than he has to get a deal like that.

Agree, nothing screams over 10 million per year about Njoku. Maybe he gets better with Watson and he proves it and the Browns are a head of the curve. 

More like decent production with those awkward drops he makes 

• Like 1

I would like to keep him around but I’m not paying him more than $6-8M p/season personally. He doesn’t make a consistent enough impact on the game week to week and is still replacement level if the price isn’t right. Someone else can pay that money for a hit or miss tight end.

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why isn't JOK being hyped as one of the best young defenders in the league? 

Not used enough or completely correctly by Woods to get the hype.

Seems that he often relegated him to a 3rd down role.

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not a surprise.  No advantage of doing that. 

Yeah, cut him and pay his salary and get nothing in return or keep him pay his salary and get a comp pick. The only advantage is your doing Mayfield a favor and I don't see them caring about that.