Jump to content
candyman93

Browns General Discussion

Recommended Posts

Grudens entire philosophy is outsmarting you. It’s why he loves old vets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda curious to see what happens with Larry Warford. He’s probably doing what everybody else unsigned is doing: waiting until a July.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Kinda curious to see what happens with Larry Warford. He’s probably doing what everybody else unsigned is doing: waiting until a July.

No hurry right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The big names:

 

QB: Cam Newton / Colin Kaepernick

RB: Lamar Miller / Devonta Freeman

WR: Antonio Brown / Taylor Gabriel / Paul Richardson

TE: Delanie Walker

LT: Jason Peters

LG: Ron Leary

C: Justin Britt

RG: Larry Warford

RT: Cordy Glenn

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The big names:

 

QB: Cam Newton / Colin Kaepernick

RB: Lamar Miller / Devonta Freeman

WR: Antonio Brown / Taylor Gabriel / Paul Richardson

TE: Delanie Walker

LT: Jason Peters

LG: Ron Leary

C: Justin Britt

RG: Larry Warford

RT: Cordy Glenn

that would be an actually pretty solid team. Why couldnt the FA market be that good back in '99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Organizations have spent several months talking to Clowney’s agent, Bus Cook, in an attempt to bring down the contract demands. Clowney, reportedly, isn’t willing to budge. That has reportedly driven multiple teams to the point of giving up.

“I’ve talked to multiple teams that have done the dance with Bus Cook, Clowney’s agent, and they’re tired of it,” reports Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. “… Teams are done, they’re just done. Like, ‘All right, man. Whatever. You know what our stance is, you know what our numbers are. We’re moving on'”

In fact, according to Robinson, front offices around the league have reportedly sent a message to Clowney through his agent: Until he decides to accept that he isn’t worth the number he is seeking, no one will be calling him."

--------

Bus Cook is also the agent for Newton as well. Not a good look!

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

"Organizations have spent several months talking to Clowney’s agent, Bus Cook, in an attempt to bring down the contract demands. Clowney, reportedly, isn’t willing to budge. That has reportedly driven multiple teams to the point of giving up.

“I’ve talked to multiple teams that have done the dance with Bus Cook, Clowney’s agent, and they’re tired of it,” reports Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. “… Teams are done, they’re just done. Like, ‘All right, man. Whatever. You know what our stance is, you know what our numbers are. We’re moving on'”

In fact, according to Robinson, front offices around the league have reportedly sent a message to Clowney through his agent: Until he decides to accept that he isn’t worth the number he is seeking, no one will be calling him."

--------

Bus Cook is also the agent for Newton as well. Not a good look!

Again. No hurry for clowney to take an offer. And I don’t think cams has as much to do with money as it does starting opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it helps that Bus Cook is Myles agent.

 

We can basically kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I think it helps that Bus Cook is Myles agent.

 

We can basically kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

really, didnt know that. Hell he is prolly using Myles contract to try and get Clowney more money. Also he knows the Browns books better cause of the Myles contract so he knows prolly what the Browns can offer him. Its prolly why the Browns have been reported as the team to give him the highest offer so far

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV doesn’t do Jarvis justice. He’s a nasty route runner. Yet, OBJ is probably the best in the league as a route runner.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Most yards by AFC North QBs on passes 20+ yards downfield in 2019

Baker Mayfield - 869 yards
Lamar Jackson - 694 yards

Obviously a scheme reason, but it’s like I said. Freddie said “f it, go deep.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously a scheme reason, but it’s like I said. Freddie said “f it, go deep.”

All this stat tells me is that going 20+ yards is overrated. Brady made a career out of dinking and dunking his way to open receivers. Just find the open guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously a scheme reason, but it’s like I said. Freddie said “f it, go deep.”

exactly. When in doubt, air it out and we all know freddie was in doubt of his schemes every week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...