Browns General Discussion

candyman93

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Right that’s what I’m saying. Add in some of it with a combo of Stefanskis stuff. There’s no denying how good Watson looked once we went read option. There’s something to that. 

I’m not sure we need to bring in a guy to install a play we should run once or twice a game.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure we need to bring in a guy to install a play we should run once or twice a game.

It should be a lot more than once or twice. Read option and play action should be a staple of our offense. Just because you run read option doesn’t mean you need to take a hit. We have a qb with good legs. Use them. Don’t treat him like a stand still pocket passer. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It should be a lot more than once or twice. Read option and play action should be a staple of our offense. Just because you run read option doesn’t mean you need to take a hit. We have a qb with good legs. Use them. Don’t treat him like a stand still pocket passer. 

I don’t think he needs to be a pocket passer exclusively at all, I’d just rather he use his legs to extend plays and such as opposed to designed runs.

I’d love to see lots sprint outs, bootlegs, etc where his mobility can be utilized but also where he’s less likely to take hits.

PA should be a staple in the pass game, absolutely agree there.

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Next year we get the AFC south and NFC west plus same placed team in afc east and nfc north.

we also get 9 home games.

There can be no excuses with that schedule 

If they keep Joe Woods, it will take 9 games for the defense to figure out how to run proper coverage schemes.

• Like 3