Browns General Discussion

candyman93

22 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Are you sure? I feel like he is a FA from

what I can remember. 

I'm not sure, just looked at OTC and he had a base salary of a little over 1 million this year and the rest were voided years, I'll see what sportrac says.

Sportrac shows his base salary as being voided from the 2020 reworked deal so I guess he is a free agent.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

(Bracing for people worried about his age) but I think we would be a fool not to make a play for Brandon Graham. This guy is an outstanding leader and his motor never shuts off, he could produce even in a reserve role and be a teacher to the young guys and wouldn’t break the bank.Just a thought

Age is irrelevant in this instance as he’s just be a one year DPR/rotational guy.

He’d be a great option.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he isn't a free agent and it would be expensive for the Eagles to cut or trade him because of the voided years (they don't have much cap room) so I don't think he could even be a factor this offseason.

For some reason I thought he was a FA, but with the guys they have already along with the his cap #, he wont be there for long

Is Newsome being unfairly targeted? I mean they are all man corners, also I think I might have said it before but if there were to be a slot corner it should have been Ward. If people remember he played slot at tOSU, he was the one player that made that defense and defensive backfield elite, we quietly have the same type of corners here with the Browns and Newsome is a good player when he plays man coverage. 

Even if it’s a nickel package Ward inside would be a legit problem for teams and our sack number would even go up because of the tight man coverage. The problem is Ward is the only one out of the three that has the capability to play inside so if he refuses we are right back where we started so trading one might be the move.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Is Newsome being unfairly targeted? I mean there are all man corners, also I think I might have said it before but if there were to be a slot corner it should have been Ward. If people remember he played slot at tOSU, he was the one player that made that defense and defensive backfield elite, we quietly have the same type of corners here with the Browns and Newsome is a good player when he plays man coverage. 

Even if it’s a nickel package Ward inside would be a legit problem for teams and our sack number would even go up because of the tight man coverage. The problem is Ward is the only one out of the three that has the capability to play inside so if he refuses we are right back where we started so trading one might be the move.

Best post of the year.

We are going to have to trade something significant to get us a player that will make impact.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Tyvis Powell and Phil Taylor are both right. We need to sign a veteran DT who is vocal that will chew dudes ***** out.

The Atlanta game was the perfect example of what was wrong with the defense. Atlanta did nothing fancy but beat you up.

For all his deficiencies the one thing about Phil you could never say is he dogged it, he went hard and wanted to win, the talent that was hopefully there unfortunately wasn’t but effort was 

55 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

For all his deficiencies the one thing about Phil you could never say is he dogged it, he went hard and wanted to win, the talent that was hopefully there unfortunately wasn’t but effort was 

I thought his only main issue was his body failed him. I thought he was a pretty dang good player when he was healthy 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Atlanta game was coaching more than talent.  Garrett and Clowney were both out, you couldn’t just line up and expect to win, but we did anyway.

Christ start running a 5-2 or bear or some **** until they start passing. But nah…

Bruh, that was literally my adjustment this season, some things aren't as complicated as people make it out to be. 

• Like 1