Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Rubbish version of America the beautiful. Just sing it!! Don’t put random pauses in it and other weird things 

Wrong thread, meant to put it in the NFL thread. Anthem wasn’t much better. Performers need to stop putting their own spin on it and just sing it 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I fully expect it, I think he either will thrive or get cut/traded

Yep.  Guys like him either mature and carve out a nice career or keep being an *** and bounce around until they’ve worn their welcome out with everyone who thinks they can fix them.

Im hopeful with him, the talent and motor are there.  Let’s just hope he figures out the maturity end of things.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Joke is on that guy. Nick Chubb is the combination of all those traits. 

That's that I was thinking LOL....thats the only way you leave Nick Chubb off the list....is IF we are already talking about the Living Embodiment OF the Perfect RB!!!

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/02/brandon-graham-on-what-myles-garrett-will-think-of-jim-schwartz-and-other-eagles-on-their-former-defensive-coordinator.html?outputType=amp

Brandon Graham with some good things to say about Jim Schwartz. Some of the comments:

“Man, they’re getting them a wizard,” he said. “I mean I love Jim. Jim is smart. He don’t care about not having friends or not. He just wants to do his job and come in and help the team win at all costs and I think they got them a great coach, somebody that’s definitely helped me in my career.”

“His track record will speak for itself. But he’s going to come in and he wants a smart team and that’s what I love, and Myles is definitely going to benefit from it because he definitely wants Myles to get sacks, and he’ll help Myles get as many one on ones as he can, trust him.”

He had me at “he don’t care about not having friends or not” (despite the really weird triple negative).

15 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/02/brandon-graham-on-what-myles-garrett-will-think-of-jim-schwartz-and-other-eagles-on-their-former-defensive-coordinator.html?outputType=amp

Brandon Graham with some good things to say about Jim Schwartz. Some of the comments:

“Man, they’re getting them a wizard,” he said. “I mean I love Jim. Jim is smart. He don’t care about not having friends or not. He just wants to do his job and come in and help the team win at all costs and I think they got them a great coach, somebody that’s definitely helped me in my career.”

“His track record will speak for itself. But he’s going to come in and he wants a smart team and that’s what I love, and Myles is definitely going to benefit from it because he definitely wants Myles to get sacks, and he’ll help Myles get as many one on ones as he can, trust him.”

He had me at “he don’t care about not having friends or not” (despite the really weird triple negative).

I hope we don’t get our guys thinking sack production all the time. I would much rather us be fundamentally sound than have a dude with 20 sacks in lieu of run fits. I don’t think that’s what he’s saying here, but I absolutely loathe wide 9’s. It gets your linebackers destroyed by down blockers. 

56 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I hope we don’t get our guys thinking sack production all the time. I would much rather us be fundamentally sound than have a dude with 20 sacks in lieu of run fits. I don’t think that’s what he’s saying here, but I absolutely loathe wide 9’s. It gets your linebackers destroyed by down blockers. 

I think a lot of the reason Schwartz got the job is his scheme mirrors Woods as far as philosophy goes which is something the FO/Stefanski also believes in.

They both want to win up front with limited blitzing (boiled down pretty far I realize).  Schwartz clearly values the DT position more which has allowed him to run a lot of the same **** Woods did but have more success.

They want to run a similar looking defense, but need someone who knows how to run it more effectively, which I think Schwartz does and has shown for decades now.

Youre forcing teams to try to run it down your throat, but with more emphasis on who’s in the middle from Schwartz.

All that said, wide 9 isn’t a scheme, just an alignment.  Schematically I want a lot more man, more aggressiveness on the second and third levels and more creativity in general.

• Like 1