Browns General Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Willis 5th year option picked up 15 million dollars waste of money.

Question who thinks we could trade Willis and JJ straight up for Tyreek hill?

might have to throw in leshaun and three first rounds picks for good measure. due you think that gets it done?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

might have to throw in leshaun and three first rounds picks for good measure. due you think that gets it done?

Quote of the year.

Can we trade berry to Baltimore man that is something a 5 game swing in 1 year.

Are we sure the drunk did not do the draft 

If we pay Wills 14 million in 24 it almost guarantees Cooper will be cut/traded. That alone won't get us under the cap, depending on what Njoku does he may also be a casualty. There are definitely other options besides Njoku but if we don't think he is worth the 18+ million in 2024 we can save 14.5.

Chubb could save us 12 million but that seems dumb at the moment. Ward could save us 15 million but also not a great option right now.

I think we will try to get some replacements this year for players we plan on getting rid of so the draft should give us some insight.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If we pay Wills 14 million in 24 it almost guarantees Cooper will be cut/traded. That alone won't get us under the cap, depending on what Njoku does he may also be a casualty. There are definitely other options besides Njoku but if we don't think he is worth the 18+ million in 2024 we can save 14.5.

Chubb could save us 12 million but that seems dumb at the moment. Ward could save us 15 million but also not a great option right now.

I think we will try to get some replacements this year for players we plan on getting rid of so the draft should give us some insight.

Excellent post.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sure - that's what every team is trying to do every year, along with filling roster holes. Jury is out if Berry's drafting is good enough to do that, though.

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Cooper is almost guaranteed to be cut/traded anyways. We can't afford him sadly. These are the issues that come with giving a QB this kind of money. I don't care who the QB is...I don't think I'd ever give a QB such a ridiculous portion of the salary cap, especially if you are the Browns, who had a very solid overall roster. Now in 2-3 years, we'll have a garbage roster with 2-3 elite players hogging all of the salary.

Hate the Watson deal. Hate that this is likely going to slam our contender window shut until he's gone. I really really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Cooper has trade value at the moment he would fetch a 2nd or a 3rd. 

Chubb is the same. 

That said I want them both to play here next year.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Cooper has trade value at the moment he would fetch a 2nd or a 3rd. 

Chubb is the same. 

That said I want them both to play here next year.

I can say with confidence, if we trade Nick Chubb, I'll see you fellas a few years from now and I'll most likely be done with the NFL indefinitely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Cooper is almost guaranteed to be cut/traded anyways. We can't afford him sadly.

The Browns finally get a quality qb (we hope), and you don't believe they will keep quality receivers around him? 🤔 That dog don't hunt.  I don't think Cooper was a one or two year stopgap solution.  He is, by far, the best receiver on the team.  Are the Bengals are going to get rid of Ja'marr Chase cause they have to pay Burrow? I expect the Bengals to find a way to keep Higgins too.  We have enough brainiacs in the front office to manipulate the cap to keep the few decent receiving threats we have (Cooper, Njoku and maybe DPJ) around our franchise qb.  You can fault this front office for talent acquisition, but contract and cap management hasn't been a question.  I believe they probably have a plan for the cap with a minimum 3 year window.  That's not rocket science, that is how I believe most NFL front offices operate in the cap management era.  Will they try to find younger cheaper options over time? Yes, but they are not letting go of proven weapons they have unless they have viable options to replace them.  This team bet the farm on Watson, they will do everything possible to help him succeed.  Gotta give him guys to throw the ball to.😉

Edited by mrpazzo
grammer