Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t care what he says. Of course he’s going to say the right thing. He wants to keep a job. 

I understand how seeing things through a skeptical lens somtimes makes sense, but this is extreme even for you.

The only way he will keep a job will be if he does what he says.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, candyman93 said:

What does a “playoff contender” look like? What pieces do they need exactly? What type of foundation justifies spending?

QB and coach - I think I've stated this several times now?

I'm as confident in Baker as anyone else - but no one can say he's going to be our guy. And no one can say anything about Stefanski right now.

I rewatched practice. Defense definitely won the day. 

Rain was pretty hard and guys dropped balls like crazy. Everybody except Harrison Bryant dropped a pass. Njoku was a mess catching, but Baker kept throwing to him. DPJ looked solid.

Keep an eye on Donovan Olumba. He’s a dark horse to make the team. Kevin Johnson has looked good all 3 days. The linebackers looked really good too, but remember the rain was really hard on the offense. Defensive line whooped everybody.

Edited by candyman93

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

apparently he played almost 4 years here. Yet I have no memory of him. Good for him though. 

Man!!!! I didn’t at first either

number 29

He was our 3rd team RB I think behind Jamal Lewis and Jerome Harrison if I remember right. He was a good guy. Awesome to see what he just achieved even if it’s for a bad organization at the moment in Washington.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man!!!! I didn’t at first either

number 29

He was our 3rd team RB I think behind Jamal Lewis and Jerome Harrison if I remember right. He was a good guy. Awesome to see what he just achieved even if it’s for a bad organization at the moment in Washington.

If I remember correctly he was the guy who scored a rushing TD when we went like 16 consecutive games without one. This was back when we had Draughns who despite being huge couldnt do jack in short yardage / goal line. 

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Mack Wilson carted off with knee injury with head in his hands for the ride.

Not good considering he is the only starting caliber LB on the roster. 

Go. Get. Clay. Mathews.

good thing we have some depth. 

hopefully Takitaki figures out linebacker, then we have goodson and the LSU guy.