Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

For better or for worse, that’s 100% what he’s going to do now. They’re lower picks, but they’ll all be used on defense now.

For those wondering, we now have the following picks:

3rd

3rd

4th

4th

5th

5th

6th

7th

I thought we have 3 3rds now. We got a comp pick from whatever that dudes name is who went to the Vikings to be their gm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

For better or for worse, that’s 100% what he’s going to do now. They’re lower picks, but they’ll all be used on defense now.

For those wondering, we now have the following picks:

3rd

3rd

4th

4th

5th

5th

6th

7th

Seattle turned a draft like that into the legion of Boom basically.

we’ve still got picks. You can do some serious stuff with ammo like this. Every true need is filled we can just go BPA everywhere now. 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Another sub 6 ft WR? Hate, hate, hate  

Cooper, DPJ, Bell, and Schwartz are all 6’0+

Also, we didn’t need a jump ball WR—we needed speed and RAC skills from the slot. 

I’ll hate till proven wrong. Can’t wait for that to happen. I’m turning gray. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right. Berry is WAY better at free agency than the draft. Long term that’s not good, but it works right now.

If Schwartz gets guys like Delpit, Newsome and JOK playing consistently at levels we’ve seen them flash and can turn a couple other guys into meh depth, this narrative changes though, right?

I just can’t look at a lot of the guys on this defense and think there’s a lot of meat on the bone if coaches aren’t forcing them into absurd schemes.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If Schwartz gets guys like Delpit, Newsome and JOK playing consistently at levels we’ve seen them flash and can turn a couple other guys into meh depth, this narrative changes though, right?

I just can’t look at a lot of the guys on this defense and think there’s a lot of meat on the bone if coaches aren’t forcing them into absurd schemes.

You might be right or he might be how BB was for a decade in New England. From like 2011-2020 Hoodie couldn’t draft worth an ish, but he was amazing at free agency and identifying guys.

Just a reference for what I’m talking about. He nailed drafting Joe Thuney and Chandler Jones, but that’s about it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

Just now, candyman93 said:

You might be right or he might be how BB was for a decade in New England. From like 2011-2020 Hoodie couldn’t draft worth an ish, but he was amazing at free agency and identifying guys.

Just a reference for what I’m talking about. He nailed drafting Joe Thuney and Chandler Jones, but that’s about it.

You don’t need to tell me, tell the “fire every Gm after 3 years” crowd lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think he was even that good of a talent evaluator in the late rounds. He was just such a good coach that he could coach those guys up who had low egos. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think he was even that good of a talent evaluator in the late rounds. He was just such a good coach that he could coach those guys up who had low egos. 

You’re right about the 2nd part, but look at Stephon Gilmore and the Mccourtey twins. They had ability, but weren’t being use properly.

Dudes like Lawrence Guy and Kyle Van Noy blossomed under his coaching and they fall under the scrub talent category, so you’re definitely right.

Jamie Collins is the epitome of a Hoody project.

Edited by candyman93