Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

streaming will ferrell GIF

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/23/ozzie-newsome-ravens-owner-said-deshaun-watsons-contract-created-some-problems/

And this is the side benefit from giving Watson this contract....other owners either have to get on board, or be accused of collusion.  The market always works itself out!!!  At some point in the very near future, Watson's contract won't look so bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Healthy and playing at his peak? Pushing top 5.

Now?  No idea, hasn’t played a full season in 2 years.

But I don’t mean a player with a similar position in our arbitrary ranking.  I mean a 26 yo 3x pro bowl QB who’s led the league in passing yardage.

But let’s be honest, you know the point I’m getting at and you’re trying to argue semantics and minutia.  I know this because you were arguably the biggest Watson honk on this board prior to him being discovered to be a perv.  Players of Watson’s caliber at QB don’t become available.  He did because he’s a pervert, but that has nothing to do with his abilities on the field.

You can hate the trade for obvious reasons, I do, but you can’t hate it from a purely football perspective.

The dude was the 28th ranked qb

Plus he averages 3.5 wins a year for 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If Hooker is there in the 3rd I'd like to take him. 

Let him make easy throws in preseason and then trade iim in two years for a 1st or 2nd.

This is a sensible move. He’s older than Moses’ toes though. That seems to be somebody the Browns typically aren’t targeting on draft day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This is a sensible move. He’s older than Moses’ toes though. That seems to be somebody the Browns typically aren’t targeting on draft day.

Yeah who knows. I think we may take a qb with a 3rd rounder or something. 

Dobbs has limited value as a long term starter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah who knows. I think we may take a qb with a 3rd rounder or something. 

Dobbs has limited value as a long term starter.

We don’t need a long term starter though, just a competent backup.

I can appreciate the idea that a guy who’s been around the league for a half dozen years or whatever is gonna be more prepared to play on short notice than a rookie.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We don’t need a long term starter though, just a competent backup.

I can appreciate the idea that a guy who’s been around the league for a half dozen years or whatever is gonna be more prepared to play on short notice than a rookie.

I want to carry 3qbs. 

A good back up, someone to develop as either a take over or preferably a onward trade.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

So a couple years younger than Brandon Weeden when we drafted him?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

From the back a voice was heard saying “just go deep and I’ll sling this sumbitch”.

Legend had it the burning bush was actually just a nickname for Weeden when he’d get hot.

• Like 1