Browns General Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Who could easily run Togiai and Elliot for their roster spots. It’s looking like curtains for them.

Oh absolutely.  My only point in all of this is that honestly Tomlinson would be the only guy at DT I’d bet big money on being on the opening roster.  We have a lot of guys, none of whom is much of a sure thing for a number of reasons. 

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh absolutely.  My only point in all of this is that honestly Tomlinson would be the only guy at DT I’d bet big money on being on the opening roster.  We have a lot of guys, none of whom is much of a sure thing for a number of reasons. 

I'd be pretty shocked if Winfrey wasn't on the roster, and he may even be a starter. Only way he gets cut is if his supposed maturity issues continue. But otherwise, I agree. The rest of our DTs I could easily see making the roster or being cut.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd be pretty shocked if Winfrey wasn't on the roster, and he may even be a starter. Only way he gets cut is if his supposed maturity issues continue. But otherwise, I agree. The rest of our DTs I could easily see making the roster or being cut.

Yeah I’m guessing Winfrey will be there but his off the field issues/maturity/whatever was what I was referencing.  I think if he has a big eff up they may be done with him.  The issue with him isn’t talent.

Just predicting next year-

Offense has tremendous success. Watson looks much more comfortable. Unit hovers around top 5-10 all year.

Defense struggles still. Float around 15-20 range, but secondary looks vastly better with Schwartz scheme.

Special teams has a complete 180 from what it’s been. Could be a top 5 unit purely due to coaching and adding guys who want to actually play special teams.

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just predicting next year-

Offense has tremendous success. Watson looks much more comfortable. Unit hovers around top 5-10 all year.

Defense struggles still. Float around 15-20 range, but secondary looks vastly better with Schwartz scheme.

Special teams has a complete 180 from what it’s been. Could be a top 5 unit purely due to coaching and adding guys who want to actually play special teams.

I think the Defense will be a fringe top 10 all year. The scheme should more natural for the existing players. 

Cade needs to make kicks that turns the special teams around. 

I think where I disagree with a LOT of Browns fans is identity of the team. Fans believe you have to have 53 good players on your roster and that’s physically not possible.

It’s not possible to have 22 good players. Name me 1 team in NFL history that had 22 good players on offense and defense.

Personally, I think we should try to be an elite offensive team and an “okay” defensive team. Be happy with around top 10-15 range.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think where I disagree with a LOT of Browns fans is identity of the team. Fans believe you have to have 53 good players on your roster and that’s physically not possible.

It’s not possible to have 22 good players. Name me 1 team in NFL history that had 22 good players on offense and defense.

Personally, I think we should try to be an elite offensive team and an “okay” defensive team. Be happy with around top 10-15 range.

I think it depends on your definition of good.

I think a lot of fans want competent at every position and competent backups in place. The backups don’t have to be world beaters, but at least capable of doing SOMETHING at a pro level (for example a backup DT might not be able to rush the passer but they’re strong in the run game).

I do agree that some fans seem to think we should have big name free agents or high round picks at every spot and it’s just not realistic.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s not possible to have 22 good players. Name me 1 team in NFL history that had 22 good players on offense and defense

I would argue that the Eagles had 22+ GOOD players last season. Their worst player was Marcus Epps, who is an NFL starting caliber player. Aside from Epps, they had like 6-7 excellent DL.

Per Pluto

I hear the Browns are shopping for more defensive linemen. Not high priced, but perhaps older veterans whose value has fallen as the free agent market disappears.

They need more safeties. They believe D’Anthony Bell (a superb special teams player) can help. But I hear they are shopping for a moderately priced veteran safety.