Browns General Discussion

candyman93

The Jacksonville game is going to be huge in Clemson, SC. That's because it's a matchup of two former Clemson QBs who won CFP titles with the Tigers. Clemson is served by stations in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson market. I think stations there will flip a coin every week as to whether they show Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars or Deshaun Watson and the Browns if the teams are playing on the same network in the same slot. Of course the Jaguars-Browns game is probably going to be on TV in that market too.

I want Lawrence and Watson to develop a Brady-Manning style rivalry. It's a major reason why I wanted it to be the night game on Thanksgiving, besides the teams having two of the longest-active Thanksgiving droughts.

He wasn’t on the list but Matt Ioannidis would be nice.

I like Tomlinson and I like Ika as a run stuffer so in theory we have 2 starters, but behind him is really nothing more than hope and lottery tickets.

Hurst is actually good when he plays, which hasn’t been as often as you’d hope.

Hill has high level talent but hasn’t really done anything with it.

Togiai…. went to OSU?  Idk.  I haven’t seen much that gives me hope

Elliot has flashed at times but hasn’t been consistent.  Perhaps that changed under Schwartz and with better edge talent opposite Myles.

Winfrey has some talent as well but just doesn’t seem to get it.  And by it I mean how not to be a moron.

Ioannidis is a guy who’s absolutely not a world beater but would at least give me some confidence that we could play him and he could man his position respectably.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

There are still 3 or so guys out there with 9+ sacks last year, but I’d bet we are done with EDGE. Smith, Myles, Wright, McGuire, Obo…

I wouldn’t doubt those guys aren’t still available due to lack of interest as much as knowing they have plenty of teams interested/know where they’re going and just don’t wanna be obligated to do the off-season stuff.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t doubt those guys aren’t still available due to lack of interest as much as knowing they have plenty of teams interested/know where they’re going and just don’t wanna be obligated to do the off-season stuff.

Not much I’d care to add first glance at the linebacker position. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not much I’d care to add first glance at the linebacker position. 

I literally just went and looked as well, same thoughts.

I like Van Noy, but he doesn’t really fit what we do.  Deion Jones and Kwan Alexander do, and they’re somewhat “big names”, relatively speaking, but neither have been that good in a while.  I thought Jones was solid at times last season, but not anyone who moves the needle.

I’d have liked to have upgraded the LB room too, but other than the guys who got PAID in FA I’m not sure there were many great options.  Hopefully next year’s draft class is better and we can add a couple guys there.

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to pretend I watched a lot of him, but apparently Zeke is pretty washed.  Lost a lot of the agility/side to side burst he had.

Wasn’t he a good blocking RB? I’d take that plus his pass catching regardless if he lost a step 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wasn’t he a good blocking RB? I’d take that plus his pass catching regardless if he lost a step 

Yeah.  I’m guessing we’re probably not all that attractive of an option for him as of now either tbh.

Between having Chubb and Ford (who they seem to like) his touches will be pretty limited.  His best bet if he wants to prove he’s not washed would be to wait until someone gets injured somewhere.