Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So why is Odell working out with cam and not baker? 

Because Baker is in Texas and OBJ is in LA.

Would you rather OBJ work out with no name QB or a QB like Newton? 

When Baker had "Camp Baker" in texas a few weeks ago, it was reported that Landry and OBJ werent clear and were still rehabbing.

Does OBJ need to fly to Texas or does Baker have to fly to LA, whenever OBJ wants to get work in?

Also if you add in the fact OBJ is wearing a " I still Cant Breath" Shirt to support the BLM movement. He prolly seeked out Newton to do a workout together at this time because he is also a outspoken black athlete. Prolly trying to make a statement.

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:14 PM, buno67 said:

Because Baker is in Texas and OBJ is in LA.

Would you rather OBJ work out with no name QB or a QB like Newton? 

When Baker had "Camp Baker" in texas a few weeks ago, it was reported that Landry and OBJ werent clear and were still rehabbing.

Does OBJ need to fly to Texas or does Baker have to fly to LA, whenever OBJ wants to get work in?

Also if you add in the fact OBJ is wearing a " I still Cant Breath" Shirt to support the BLM movement. He prolly seeked out Newton to do a workout together at this time because he is also a outspoken black athlete. Prolly trying to make a statement.

OBJ is more of an OBJ player than a team player also. We all knew that though and I think most accept it as long as we get the OBJ that tore things up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

OBJ is more of an OBJ player than a team player also. We all knew that though and I think most accept it as long as we get the OBJ that tore things up.

But last year all reports was he was never acting like a me player. All his former teammates has said he is a team player 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

But last year all reports was he was never acting like a me player. All his former teammates has said he is a team player 

Well actions speak louder. He would rather do his own thing that do voluntary things with the team, which is fine but it will define a part of you. If healthy he is good enough to not have to worry about it so I don't but most of his outbursts have been OBJ related not team related.

Everyone is pretty much a team player on the field, at least if you are doing your job. This isn't basketball where you can just shoot every time you touch the ball. If you run an OBJ route instead of the called route you aren't ever getting the ball because you aren't where you are expected to be. I really can't think of how a me player at WR could do anything on the field that wouldn't be what is also considered being a team player. Maybe downfield blocking but still if you want to be a complete receiver you will block so you would be doing it for yourself and the team just like everything else.

Now walking off of the field instead of chasing down the defender with the ball isn't a team player move but everyone can get away with one every now and then.

• Like 1

I will be 100% in support of trading OBJ next year if things don’t work out this season. Hopefully he at least boosts his value.

Baker needs to gain confidence and have the game slowed down for him. That’s why you give him the weapons this franchise has.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I will be 100% in support of trading OBJ next year if things don’t work out this season. Hopefully he at least boosts his value.

Baker needs to gain confidence and have the game slowed down for him. That’s why you give him the weapons this franchise has.

Baker needs to trust his protection (and have trustworthy protection). I don't think he needs the game to slow down necessarily. Most of his flaws are rushing throws (except when he rolls out) which is a blocking or trust issue. There is a chance his best season ever will have been his rookie season before he lost trust in his line but hopefully he is mentally strong enough to overcome it. I never was. I still sometimes just instinctively roll out to my left (I'm a lefty) when I am in a crowd. It's a weird deal going to a concert or a ball game with me. Once we went to a haunted house and it was pretty packed and I started seeing ghosts and took off running.

Hmmm... maybe the ghosts were actually there that time, not sure.

I know nobody is as fast as Tyreek, but OBJs route running + speed and quickness should make Stefanski come up with some clever routes like wasp 3:05

If Baker is as accurate as portrayed, we should come up with some passes that are unguardable.

Edited by candyman93

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

All his former teammates has said he is a team player 

Those are probably all good teammates, who don't feel the need to slander someone publicly even when it's the truth.  It never accomplishes anything and just makes both sides look bad. 

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Those are probably all good teammates, who don't feel the need to slander someone publicly even when it's the truth.  It never accomplishes anything and just makes both sides look bad. 

No idea if this is true or not, but there’s definitely the possibility of it.

Plus, no quicker way to become persona non grata in a locker room than to start talking out of turn.  Baker learned that lesson last summer.

• Like 1

This offense is going to be fun. There’s ways to get our best weapons on the field at once.

Have Kareem in the slot, OBJ / Jarvis on the outside, Hooper at TE, and Chubb in the backfield.

Edited by candyman93