Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Looking at that 2016 - 2017 Atlanta team, that would be the easiest for us to replicate.

They had insane skill position talent, good offensive line, and an okay defense. We have those 3 imo.

Edit - They actually had a bad defense. It was Vic Beasley + Grady Jarrett. That’s it.

It just comes down to Baker.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It just comes down to Baker.

I still dont think it comes down to Baker.

It comes down to coaching. As long as Stef, AVP, or whoever is running the offense, puts the team in a good position, this offense should have great success. Last year, the Browns should have been flirting with being ranked in the top10 of rushing attempts instead of 22nd overall. I strongly believe that Stef is going to have the right system in place and the scheme is going to work. I also put more on coaching this year because of dealing with covid and having a lot less time for training and practice, so coaching really needs to be effective. Which from reports, that the staff has been very effective with all of their aspect (online meetings, indy meetings, and on-field stuff).

I believe Baker will be just fine as long as the coaching aspect is figured out and they are on top of their game. Hell, the Queen is the most powerful piece in chess but is pretty worthless if you have no idea what you are doing. If this was Chess, Freddie was pulling the queen (baker) out 2nd or 3rd move into the game, when you really need to use your Bishops and knights aka Nick Chubb. I really think Stef is going to beat some defenses up with Chubb and Hunt and do damage with Baker and Hooper/OBJ/Jarvis. Hell, we all know Freddie was trying to play checkers last year while everyone else was playing Chess.

Observations:

Porter Gustin will move ahead Chad Thomas on the depth chart.

Saw a lot of 2 LB sets today.

Myles is completely wrecking everybody and everything.

OBJ has looked great all camp. He’s more on page with Baker now than he was last year, easily.

Secondary continues to be the strongest performing unit, behind only our RBs.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You could play he and delpit together. That secondary would be insane. 

That would be the 2nd strongest unit on the team, behind only running back.

The only reason why I think it might not happen is because Depodesta places a huge emphasis on leadership.

Schematically and financially it makes 100% sense. The Ravens will be paying most of his salary.