Browns General Discussion

candyman93

OBO is injury prone and has almost zero production in his career in any capacity. I’m not relying on him for anything and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration. If he does something then great but I sincerely doubt he will.

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

OBO is injury prone and has almost zero production in his career in any capacity. I’m not relying on him for anything and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration. If he does something then great but I sincerely doubt he will.

Exactly. He had one good half a season in his entire career and it was against the worst division in the league. I’ll be surprised if he’s back next year. He’s getting very overrated. 

I think Obo has the potential to be a very solid DPR provided he can stay healthy.  

I don’t think he’s an every down end though and he’s not been durable.  

His productivity last season was pretty good though.  He definitely wouldn’t be the first player to peak after his first few years in the league and be much better on his second contract than his first.

On 6/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

No way. He has never been a real linebacker before aside from 3-4 standup edge. He is a DE.

Carrying 6 DE’s isn’t gonna happen. 5 is very possible. 

I wouldn't say "No way." However, guys like OBO need to prove they can stay healthy before they could ever be considered flexible.  If he IS healthy, then I don't see any reason why Schwartz won't find ways to get all of his best guys on the field at the same time.  If it works, I would love to see it.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:33 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Exactly. He had one good half a season in his entire career and it was against the worst division in the league. I’ll be surprised if he’s back next year. He’s getting very overrated. 

Hey, If he is a slight upgrade from Genard Avery I'm good with that.

i guess the connection between DHop and Deshaun won't die until DHop signs somewhere.

After stewing on this for a couple of weeks, I am now in the camp of let's pass on DHop. My reasons are:

• Injury History
  • What we would have to give him $$ to sign
  • And maybe, the most important - we simply don't NEED him. AB has done a really solid job in rebuilding the WR room. Long gone are the days of depending on the Dwayne Bowe's and Kenny Britt's of the world. Bottom line - you believed in the kids enough to draft them - don't stunt their development now by placing another high priced vet in front of them on the depth chart. We will never know how good the kids can be unless we play them.

14 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

i guess the connection between DHop and Deshaun won't die until DHop signs somewhere.

After stewing on this for a couple of weeks, I am now in the camp of let's pass on DHop. My reasons are:

• Injury History
  • What we would have to give him $$ to sign
  • And maybe, the most important - we simply don't NEED him. AB has done a really solid job in rebuilding the WR room. Long gone are the days of depending on the Dwayne Bowe's and Kenny Britt's of the world. Bottom line - you believed in the kids enough to draft them - don't stunt their development now by placing another high priced vet in front of them on the depth chart. We will never know how good the kids can be unless we play them.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be mad if we sign him, but I don't feel it's necessary.

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Its not like we haven't Substantially improved the WR Room to where he would come in and be a for sure difference maker

I think he’s a difference maker, I just don’t think he’s a necessity.

I think 2023 DPJ and 2023 DHop could be very comparable.  Different trajectories at different stages of their careers.

Moore is primed to take on a larger role.   Tillman should be capable of filling the #4 role.  Goodwin is a proven #5/deep threat.

I just think it’s a matter of diminishing returns based on cost.

• Like 2