Browns General Discussion

candyman93

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

There would t be enough balls for the egos of cooper, moore, drop, dpj, and bell and Tillman.

Yikes, when did our WR room get egotistical again?  I thought it was finally a group of guys who like to have fun, but put their heads down when it's time to work.  Cooper is 100% professional and DPJ has grown termendously as a 6th rd pick, and I think that is rubbing off nicely, and Cooper is a solid veteran guy for DPJ, Moore and the other young guys to be around.

We don't "need" DHop, and we wouldn't be bringing him in to be the #1 option, considering our situation, unless _______ happens.   If he is considering being in New England and working for BB, then I think he understands his "ego" needs to be in check at this point in his career.

3 hours ago, MalcolmBrown said:

Yikes, when did our WR room get egotistical again?  I thought it was finally a group of guys who like to have fun, but put their heads down when it's time to work.  Cooper is 100% professional and DPJ has grown termendously as a 6th rd pick, and I think that is rubbing off nicely, and Cooper is a solid veteran guy for DPJ, Moore and the other young guys to be around.

We don't "need" DHop, and we wouldn't be bringing him in to be the #1 option, considering our situation, unless _______ happens.   If he is considering being in New England and working for BB, then I think he understands his "ego" needs to be in check at this point in his career.

Moore and DPJ are in critical years. DPJ is in a contract year. He knows what is at stake this year, and signing a guy like Hopkins is taking food off his family’s plate I’m sure in his mind. Moore, same deal, if you know much about him, he’s not going to turn over and take it. He’s in his third year and fighting for that next contract/trying to really make it. In general, I don’t really think the good teammate/happy for the guy in front of him mantra is much a thing at this level. Not unless that guy is also getting his fair share of individual success as well. Also, these guys haven’t ‘made it’ so to speak, they aren’t Ohio kids, and they aren’t teaming up with Mahomes coming off a Super Bowl like Kevin Durant - just grabbing a trophy. 

All that said, I don’t believe we get Hopkins, I think some other places make sense before here despite the Watson connection. If we were to sign him, great, I think you are accepting that Donovan Peoples Jones isn’t going to be here though, he isn’t going to be fine as the fourth guy in his contract year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Moore and DPJ are in critical years. DPJ is in a contract year. He knows what is at stake this year, and signing a guy like Hopkins is taking food off his family’s plate I’m sure in his mind. Moore, same deal, if you know much about him, he’s not going to turn over and take it. He’s in his third year and fighting for that next contract/trying to really make it. In general, I don’t really think the good teammate/happy for the guy in front of him mantra is much a thing at this level. Not unless that guy is also getting his fair share of individual success as well. Also, these guys haven’t ‘made it’ so to speak, they aren’t Ohio kids, and they aren’t teaming up with Mahomes coming off a Super Bowl like Kevin Durant - just grabbing a trophy. 

All that said, I don’t believe we get Hopkins, I think some other places make sense before here despite the Watson connection. If we were to sign him, great, I think you are accepting that Donovan Peoples Jones isn’t going to be here though, he isn’t going to be fine as the fourth guy in his contract year. 

Yeah I think people discount the business end of things to some degree, including front offices at times.  This isn’t a bunch of dudes playing for the love of the game, it’s a business and bringing in players can impact the locker room as it potentially takes money out of other players pockets.

We can all say Moore or DPJ should put the team first and whatever, but I’m sure we might feel differently if our chance at generational wealth was potentially being impacted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MalcolmBrown said:

If you asked Moore would he rather 800 yards and a superbowl or 1900 yards and 15 tds he would take the later not the former. 

Same with all of them bar maybe Cooper.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If you asked Moore would he rather 800 yards and a superbowl or 1900 yards and 15 tds he would take the later not the former. 

Same with all of them bar maybe Cooper.

All of them but Cooper are still on their rookie deal too.  

Would you rather win an award for working at the top hospital in Australia or have generational wealth?

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All of them but Cooper are still on their rookie deal too.  

Would you rather win an award for working at the top hospital in Australia or have generational wealth?

Struth mate that is a bloody ripper. 

Fair dink the award would be nice but xxxx don't pay for itself.

• Like 1