Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Njoku is the type of dude to have a David Tyree type of moment. 

A super inhuman “WTF” type of catch in a big game, but then disappear every other play.

His catch on 4th down for the td vs the buccs is the best I have seen from a Browns player. 

The barnidge anus grab was great but not for talent. 

I wish njoku was consistent as a reciever, at least his blocking is good 

Schwartz publicly saying that he’s going to send 5 pass rushers almost all the time and demanding/expecting Ward, Newsome, and Emerson to hold up in man coverage is the exact type of philosophy and swagger this defense needs. They were drafted and paid (Ward) to do exactly that (not Emerson but the other two) a lot, so it’s time to get it done.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Schwartz publicly saying that he’s going to send 5 pass rushers almost all the time and demanding/expecting Ward, Newsome, and Emerson to hold up in man coverage is the exact type of philosophy and swagger this defense needs. They were drafted and paid (Ward) to do exactly that (not Emerson but the other two) a lot, so it’s time to get it done.

What a novel concept…

Those dudes are gonna get their ***** beat from time to time and we’ll definitely allow some big plays, but we should also be able make some plays and force some turnovers as well.

Sure as hell beats the death by a thousand cuts (with big plays sprinkled in for good measure) we’ve seen for the last few years.

I can understand the two high safety look against the elite QBs and making those teams nickel and dime and work for their points, but against lesser quarterbacks/receivers we need to be in their face, applying pressure, stopping the run and forcing them to make contested catches 30 yards from the LOS.

• Like 1

I was so glad to see the news breaking yesterday that DHop has signed......

In Tennessee.

No way AB was ever going to commit the kind of resources he got to a WR who:

Is on the wrong side of 30

Has missed more games than he has played the last 2 years

And being an outside the organization veteran dropped onto our depth chart, he would bring the possibility into play of destroying the WR room chemistry that Deshaun has worked so hard to create this offseason. It would also clearly stunt the growth of David Bell, who the team clearly likes.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What a novel concept…

Those dudes are gonna get their ***** beat from time to time and we’ll definitely allow some big plays, but we should also be able make some plays and force some turnovers as well.

Sure as hell beats the death by a thousand cuts (with big plays sprinkled in for good measure) we’ve seen for the last few years.

I can understand the two high safety look against the elite QBs and making those teams nickel and dime and work for their points, but against lesser quarterbacks/receivers we need to be in their face, applying pressure, stopping the run and forcing them to make contested catches 30 yards from the LOS.

And maybe play softer in long yardage too. I’m not going to be mad about big plays on first or second down every now and then as opposed to our inability to get off the field on third and fourth downs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And maybe play softer in long yardage too. I’m not going to be mad about big plays on first or second down every now and then as opposed to our inability to get off the field on third and fourth downs.

Later downs you have to make the other team make a play and do it quickly.  You can’t just play soft coverage and rush 4 and hope a guard falls down or the QB forgets what color his receiver’s jersey is.

5 yards cushion max and disguised pressure paired with stunts up front.  Make the OL/QB guess who’s coming and where, set their protection, and execute it while their receivers creates separation. If they’re able to do all of that and our corner gets beat deep, so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m so sick of the constant bullsht promotion.  Win some games and everything will take care of itself.  Our ugly helmets aren’t the problem.

How many times have they tired to put lipstick on this pig? They try to mess with the colors every year. If they win the colors will look great. 

• Like 2