Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

If it is Achilles chances are we will never know what we had in delphit. 

He is young he should make a full recovery as long as he takes his rehab seriously and the surgeon doesn’t screw anything up. 

This isn’t like when Jamir Miller did it. He was older and also a far bigger Human. They have more trouble with this kind of thing.

Hopefully best case scenario and it’s just a partial tear

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

He is young he should make a full recovery as long as he takes his rehab seriously and the surgeon doesn’t screw anything up. 

This isn’t like when Jamir Miller did it. He was older and also a far bigger Human. They have more trouble with this kind of thing.

Hopefully best case scenario and it’s just a partial tear

Plenty of guys dont comeback from an Achilles rupture, even younger guys. Or if they do they aren't the same player. I'm not saying he won't come back, just probably won't be what he would have been. 

It is one of the worst injuries for a lower limb, maybe patellar is worse but not much else. 

59 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Plenty of guys dont comeback from an Achilles rupture, even younger guys. Or if they do they aren't the same player. I'm not saying he won't come back, just probably won't be what he would have been. 

It is one of the worst injuries for a lower limb, maybe patellar is worse but not much else. 

Sorry you Americans won’t know who this is but Justin Marshal came back from a full Achilles rupture in four months and back to his best. He was a monster when it came to the rehab. 

15 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

Shutting down the building in the NFL is the appropriate response to keep it from spreading. Your company likely doesn't depend on people tackling each other and having physical contact with one another. After a shutdown, it's easy to do further testing to confirm the authenticity of the previous tests, as well as determine if and how far it has spread. Then the team can reopen as soon as that information is available while quarantining the affected people.

Shutting down isn't the problem - the ability to reopen is the most important part. A team can shut down on a Wednesday and reopen on Thursday or Friday and function well even if it means bringing up players from the practice squad - it would not impact an NFL game like it would MLB where a team will play 23498023 games in a day.

A week between games makes it SO much more likely the season can happen. Not to mention the NFL regular season is only 4 months long - if for some reason there is a ton of positive results right before a game, they can easily reschedule the game at the end of the year. Maybe the playoffs start in February. Maybe the Super Bowl takes place in March or April. Tons of flexibility - I'm not too worried about a cancelled season unless they stop testing so frequently (or people start dying).

My job doesn't rely on direct physical contact on theory but it's a giant UPS hub so it is very difficult to isolate people/surfaces by the book.  I see your point though, I hadn't thought about adding weeks at the end of the season.

I didn't realize they are testing everybody every day and the turnaround was in 24 hours either.  That's a lot more resources than afforded to the public.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Sorry you Americans won’t know who this is but Justin Marshal came back from a full Achilles rupture in four months and back to his best. He was a monster when it came to the rehab. 

The requirements of rugby dont compare to that of the nfl. 

Either way it is a hell of an injury that can set a of people back. Hopefully it is easily repaired and he can get into the rehab 

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The requirements of rugby dont compare to that of the nfl. 

Either way it is a hell of an injury that can set a of people back. Hopefully it is easily repaired and he can get into the rehab 

Geelong had a young man from Ireland, Stefan Okunbor, who tore his Achilles in camp in January, and is back playing in their practice games (hasn't been called up to the regular team yet).  Around a 6 month recovery for him.  https://www.balls.ie/gaa/zach-tuohy-mark-oconnor-stefan-okunbor-441575.