Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s gotta be a crazy high price. Probably 2 1sts. 

idk

I’d be surprised if a SS got that much. If it’s just 2 1sts, I’d consider it, but I don’t know if our front office would. I’d do it for a 1 + 3, especially since we have 2 3rds anyways.

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s gotta be a crazy high price. Probably 2 1sts. 

I don’t think so. That’d be a lot for a S. 

But I wouldn’t trade for him anyways. He’s going to take up a huge chunk of someone’s cap space. Also, we need picks. We shouldn’t trade them away. Good teams build through the draft. We are gonna be strapped for cash soon. Having no draft picks plus no cap space is where the Rams are. They find out they have glaring holes and have zero resources to patch them. 

No thanks to Jamal Adams. He’s a stud, but we have a good enough safety group as it stands. I’d be wary of it even if he was just a street free agent. Too much money. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We are gonna be strapped for cash soon.

I see this a lot and it makes me ask this question, who’s getting paid?

Myles is for sure, but that’s it. I doubt we pay Nick because it’s terrible to pay a lot of money to a runningback. Hopefully Baker, but I’m not sure. Denzel? He needs to stay healthy first.

So who are these “absolutely will need to get paid guys” I keep hearing about?

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Myles is for sure, but that’s it. I doubt we pay Nick because it’s terrible to pay a lot of money to a runningback. Hopefully Baker, but I’m not sure. Denzel? He needs to stay healthy first.

Baker. 

Chubb.

Landry.

OBJ. 

Hooper.

Bitonio.

Tretter.

Conklin.

Garrett.

Ward.

Maybe Clowney. 

These are all the dudes that are going to be making way more than the league average. We can’t add another one. 

And I don’t think there’s any chance Ward or Baker gets away. MAYBE Chubb, but I doubt that too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

but we have a good enough safety group as it stands.

we do? because IMO, no we dont.

there is nothing special about Joseph, Hassell, and Sendejo. Delpit is a complete unknown. Adams laps cirlces around them as a player

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Baker. 

Chubb.

Landry.

OBJ. 

Hooper.

Bitonio.

Tretter.

Conklin.

Garrett.

Ward.

Maybe Clowney. 

These are all the dudes that are going to be making way more than the league average. We can’t add another one. 

And I don’t think there’s any chance Ward or Baker gets away. MAYBE Chubb, but I doubt that too. 

Tretter just got signed, he wont be a FA until '23.

Clowney would only be a 1year player. 

Conklin might be walking away '22 cause he will cost too much money.

Id rather have Adams over Hooper and Bit. Hell those guys will proilly be past their prime by the time they see the life of their current contracts.

Adams to me because the 2nd best defender on our defense. Ward should be but he needs to bounce back.

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

we do? because IMO, no we dont.

there is nothing special about Joseph, Hassell, and Sendejo. Delpit is a complete unknown. Adams laps cirlces around them as a player.

Yeah he does lap them. 

...but give me Karl Joseph (average starter), Andrew Sendejo (fringe starter/great depth), and Grant Delpit (I am extremely high on him) for a quarter of the price. And not have to sacrifice 2 more potential high-end starters (high draft picks) to get him. 

It doesn’t make sense to add Adams. I would love it if we did from a fan perspective, but he wants to rape someone with a mega contract. Someone is going to hate that contract down the line even though he is an elite player. You don’t want safeties taking up that much of the cap, no matter how good they are.  

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah he does lap them. 

...but give me Karl Joseph (average starter), Andrew Sendejo (fringe starter/great depth), and Grant Delpit (I am extremely high on him) for a quarter of the price. And not have to sacrifice 2 more potential high-end starters (high draft picks) to get him. 

It doesn’t make sense to add Adams. I would love it if we did from a fan perspective, but he wants to rape someone with a mega contract. Someone is going to hate that contract down the line even though he is an elite player. You don’t want safeties taking up that much of the cap, no matter how good they are.  

wherever he is traded he will immediately become the highest paid Safety in the league

11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

7 teams that Adams said he would accept a trade to 

chiefs 

ravens

seahawks

49ers

cowboys

eagles

texans

So you demand a trade from the Jets and then think you will only accept a trade from seven different destinations out of 31? Gimme a break. 

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

So you demand a trade from the Jets and then think you will only accept a trade from seven different destinations out of 31? Gimme a break. 

I think it’s a bargaining stance.

These are the teams he prefers, but would likely accept a trade elsewhere if the opportunity presented itself.

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Well, I mean Myles is gonna get 20+. Baker is the best QB we've had since Bernie. The front office and coaching staff appears to have full faith in his ability. So that's another 25+ million gone. If your argument is that we should trade for Jamal and sign him to a huge contract because Baker might not be good enough to get an extension then acquiring Jamal would be meaningless anyway since we'd need a QB. That's kind of a weird way to look at it.

I disagree about Chubb. I feel like people are adopting this sheep-like mentality that all RBs are not worth big money and they regurgitate it over and over. Not only has Chubb shown the potential to be a generational RB, but the Stefanski offense will likely be built around him. Most RBs are not worth that money but you do everything you can to keep a guy that can possibly go down in the history books. Denzel is up in the air, but if he becomes lockdown in 2020 and 2021 then he's a guy you'll want to keep over Adams. CB is regarded as the 2nd most important position on defense, and an argue can be made that it's 1st.

There will always be other glaring needs and opportunities.Would I get excited if we got Jamal? Absolutely - but I don't like giving up top-end draft compensation AND a big contract for him. Our cap space mostly rollover cap so we need to spend it wisely.

Edited by Vee-Rex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

Well, I mean Myles is gonna get 20+. Baker is the best QB we've had since Bernie. The front office and coaching staff appears to have full faith in his ability. So that's another 25+ million gone. If your argument is that we should trade for Jamal and sign him to a huge contract because Baker might not be good enough to get an extension then acquiring Jamal would be meaningless anyway since we'd need a QB. That's kind of a weird way to look at it.

I disagree about Chubb. I feel like people are adopting this sheep-like mentality that all RBs are not worth big money and they regurgitate it over and over. Not only has Chubb shown the potential to be a generational RB, but the Stefanski offense will likely be built around him. Most RBs are not worth that money but you do everything you can to keep a guy that can possibly go down in the history books. Denzel is up in the air, but if he becomes lockdown in 2020 and 2021 then he's a guy you'll want to keep over Adams. CB is regarded as the 2nd most important position on defense, and an argue can be made that it's 1st.

There will always be other glaring needs and opportunities.Would I get excited if we got Jamal? Absolutely - but I don't like giving up top-end draft compensation AND a big contract for him. Our cap space mostly rollover cap so we need to spend it wisely.

So your entire counter argument is based on 2 maybes + a running back Vs. a sure fire thing.

Honestly we'd probably be better on D with Schobert than Adams and Joe signed for just over 10 per year so there is no way I could see us interested in paying big dollars to Adams. We evidentially have a plan and if we are letting one of our top 3 defensive players walk because of money I can't see us making a big signing elsewhere.

A really good safety is nice but they are rarely difference makers for a game let alone a season.