Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

What the?  Can someone show me definitive proof with this years practice that Mayfield can’t read defenses?  That he has a hitch in his throws? That he can’t throw to his wrs?  Only to TEs? You guys really fomenting the hate based on throws that are really hard to see based on COVID-19 restrictions? My lord this year has been crap, and you guys have to take your hate of Mayfield to your social distanced grave to prove you were right about him?  Based on what?  Your misconceived hate of his personality? Your misconceived hate of him due to the ineptitude of the former former former regime?

I can’t lie, I’ve finally been able to transform my mind over this year to having zero expectations for this football team. I’m neither high on them, nor low. I’m finally enjoying the ride. If any of you yahoos had a minicule amount of intelligence you’d do the same. 

Welcome back.

Seems we need to add you to the LGB Mayfield fan club.

We might well win an SB with Mayfield at the helm, but it will not be because of him as much as it will be because of the talent surrouding him, and on the other side of the ball.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Which has been and always be my biggest knock on him.

The thing I got bashed to hell over for last year.

How does last year prove he can’t read a defense tho? He was in a horrible offensive scheme that was created and being called by Freddie. How can we trust Freddie was telling him what to properly do and how to progress through his concepts the way he wants. Hell, Freddie didn’t know how to use one of the best RBs in the league, are we sure he knew what he wanted in passing concepts?

it’s like we are under the notion that if you get the high end QB that everything else will fall into place. Actually think if you finally gets the High end HC, everything hing will fall into place.

you look at the ‘18 draft QBs. The two QBs with the most success winning have been the two QBs with the high end coaches. Harbs (Jackson) is easily a top5 HC. Dude completely changed his whole offensive philosophy to scheme fit Jackson. McDerimott (Allen) is board line top5. He has done everything to take pressure of his QB, so he doesn’t get overwhelmed. 

you look at Baker, 3yrs in and 3different HCs to start each of those seasons. It’s not like its been smooth sailing with those staffs either. He had to deal with Hue and Haley basically hating each other and almost sabotaging each other. Freddie takes over and caters the offense to the players and it actually looks good. He becomes the HCs and throws out everything that worked so he could try and become the next Bruce Arians. That also lead to a weird situation with him and the OC. Which again the HC and OC not liking one another. With reports of the OC openly talking crap about Freddie in pre game stuff and how unprepared things are. 

now we are onto Stef. The dude has looked the part so far . Just sucks he had take over at one of the strangest times in NFL history. Doesn’t matter how good he is really at this moment in time. He has been handcuffed a lot Going on because of Covid. He at least brings in a scheme that should fit all of the talent on this team and he should know how to utilize the talent on the team

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The hate baker got you would think he played like Weeden with bill b as his coach. He broke the record for the most td passes in a single season by a rookie in 14 starts. 

He ain't a scrub.

And RG3 had one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time.

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How does last year prove he can’t read a defense tho? He was in a horrible offensive scheme that was created and being called by Freddie. How can we trust Freddie was telling him what to properly do and how to progress through his concepts the way he wants. Hell, Freddie didn’t know how to use one of the best RBs in the league, are we sure he knew what he wanted in passing concepts?

it’s like we are under the notion that if you get the high end QB that everything else will fall into place. Actually think if you finally gets the High end HC, everything hing will fall into place.

you look at the ‘18 draft QBs. The two QBs with the most success winning have been the two QBs with the high end coaches. Harbs (Jackson) is easily a top5 HC. Dude completely changed his whole offensive philosophy to scheme fit Jackson. McDerimott (Allen) is board line top5. He has done everything to take pressure of his QB, so he doesn’t get overwhelmed. 

you look at Baker, 3yrs in and 3different HCs to start each of those seasons. It’s not like its been smooth sailing with those staffs either. He had to deal with Hue and Haley basically hating each other and almost sabotaging each other. Freddie takes over and caters the offense to the players and it actually looks good. He becomes the HCs and throws out everything that worked so he could try and become the next Bruce Arians. That also lead to a weird situation with him and the OC. Which again the HC and OC not liking one another. With reports of the OC openly talking crap about Freddie in pre game stuff and how unprepared things are. 

now we are onto Stef. The dude has looked the part so far . Just sucks he had take over at one of the strangest times in NFL history. Doesn’t matter how good he is really at this moment in time. He has been handcuffed a lot Going on because of Covid. He at least brings in a scheme that should fit all of the talent on this team and he should know how to utilize the talent on the team

So I want to understand something about Baker.

He has to have elite coaching + pro bowl talent at the skill positions + pro bowl talent on the offensive line?

Is the next excuse going to be that he has to have an elite defense?

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He has to have elite coaching + pro bowl talent at the skill positions + pro bowl talent on the offensive line?

When has a QB and the offensive talent around them Overcome the aspect of a mental midget  at HC/OC? 

i would rather have Baker teamed up with the best HC then the best WR. 

just saying that we have been pounding our chest saying we need to find the right QB when really we need to find the right head coach.

Also just saying Mahomes has elite level coaching, elite skill players, and pro bowl talent on his offensive line. KC made it a priority to upgrade the defense so they could win it all. Not the point tho. 

if I had to pick have Baker turn into the true Franchise QB LT or Stef turn into the true franchise HC. I’m at the point, I would pick Stef turning into the franchise HC. Stef might have the bigger pay off. 

Edited by buno67

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They just traded for Yan

They’re going all in 

Yeah but Yan wants that mega deal. Vikings won’t have that cap space to keep Harris and extend Yan from what is being said

also you would have to believe a duo of Hunter and Yan makes you feel comfortable that you maybe move Harris to create the space to sign Yan. Believe Minny only has $12m in cap space. So they will need to potentially do something 

Edited by buno67

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah but Yan wants that mega deal. Vikings won’t have that cap space to keep Harris and extend Yan from what is being said

also you would have to believe a duo of Hunter and Yan makes you feel comfortable that you maybe move Harris to create the space to sign Yan. Believe Minny only has $12m in cap space. So they will need to potentially do something 

They’ll restructure some deals and make end of the roster cuts to fit it in. 

57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s not what he said. It would be nice if Baker has at least competent coaching and o-line, just about like any qb that has lived. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bruceb said:

Welcome back.

Seems we need to add you to the LGB Mayfield fan club.

We might well win an SB with Mayfield at the helm, but it will not be because of him as much as it will be because of the talent surrouding him, and on the other side of the ball.

Actually I’m definitely with @LETSGOBROWNIES in that he takes a logical approach about Baker. 

• Like 3