Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I’ll give the front office some credit. They’re fully committed to not using LBs, but using safeties and corners instead.

It makes strategic sense. Our LBs suck, so why would you want to play a bunch of them on the field? Our secondary is the only defensive unit I feel will be strong (if healthy).

I just had a weird sense of Deja vu typing that.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hilliard should have never lasted as long as he did. 

Yup. Much rather give Johnson a chance as the third RB, as Hilliard did nothing last season. Either way, I doubt Johnson will get much playing time at RB as long as Chubb and Hunt stay healthy.

32 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. Much rather give Johnson a chance as the third RB, as Hilliard did nothing last season. Either way, I doubt Johnson will get much playing time at RB as long as Chubb and Hunt stay healthy.

Whoever the 3rd back is will have to make their money on special teams.  

tbh we should look for a guy who excels there (maybe that’s Johnson?), someone who’s is great at covering kicks.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Kinda glad Watson got paid what he did.

Baker is probably going to be offered 25-30 mil a year if he’s lucky. He doesn’t have anywhere near the resume Watson does. Dak deserves the same as Watson too.

Baker will be lucky to have his option picked up. I don’t think this FO is going to play around with him for another year if he stinks. he might get a short term bridge deal if he looks ok. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

That just leaves D’Ernest Johnson at the 3rd RB spot.

I think he is going top surprise a lot of people when he gets his chances. I think he is going to look great in Stef's scheme. He seems like the ideal one-cut and go type of back.

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whoever the 3rd back is will have to make their money on special teams.  

tbh we should look for a guy who excels there (maybe that’s Johnson?), someone who’s is great at covering kicks.

that is going to be Johnson. Dude is prolly willing to do the dirty work. He has been a fisherman then in the AAF. So he might be willing to do whatever it takes to stay on a NFL roster