Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Me 3. I wanted Darnold since his penn state bowl game.

I think a lot of people wanted Darnold and everyone expected him and he has been worst than Mayfield but only a few people absolutely hated baker. I was open to Darnold and Baker. I liked the idea of drafting Barkley and going after the QB that fell to 4

I understand that it is only week 1. I am by no means insinuating that Mayfield is going to have a terrible season or that he can’t turn things around, along with our team. Hypothetically speaking though, if baker Mayfield this season is the same baker Mayfield that we saw last season, do we pick up his year 5 option? I’m hoping he makes it an easy decision for us and we see the progress. I would just hate to be caught in purgatory after this season though if we are dealing with a quarterback who is bottom half of the NFL and we happen to be in a high draft position.

57 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Hypothetically speaking though, if baker Mayfield this season is the same baker Mayfield that we saw last season, do we pick up his year 5 option?

I don't think that you can. It used to be that you could pick up the option, then if they were healthy, cut them before the season if you needed to. Don't think that you can do that any more. I believe (I'd need someone to fact check me) that now when you pick up the option, it's fully guaranteed at the time it's picked up (previously was only guaranteed for injury). The first class that impacts is the 2018 draft class. 

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No

And you pray to God Dallas does something stupid like not pay Dak.

The good news is, with the cap going down, they sure as hell can't tag him again. That'd be crazy. 

The bad news is, I think that there would be a ton of competition to sign him. Indy is going to be all over that if he ends up hitting the market in the end. 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think a lot of people wanted Darnold and everyone expected him and he has been worst than Mayfield but only a few people absolutely hated baker. I was open to Darnold and Baker. I liked the idea of drafting Barkley and going after the QB that fell to 4

I’m one of the few that hated Darnold coming out. He reminded me of Winston. Some wow throws but to many boneheaded INT’s or should be INT’s that got dropped.

I did see the arm talent but that’s not enough 

Don’t judge Baker this season just yet. New system again, no preseason games and against a team that went 14-2 last year.

The goat Tom Brady looked pretty bad in a new system today as well. 

We get to on paper eaiser games now to try and get something going. If he looks bad in those then I will happily pick up my pitchfork 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Don’t judge Baker this season just yet. New system again, no preseason games and against a team that went 14-2 last year.

The goat Tom Brady looked pretty bad in a new system today as well. 

We get to on paper eaiser games now to try and get something going. If he looks bad in those then I will happily pick up my pitchfork 

The Cinci game is going to say a LOT about Baker. If he gets out performed by a rookie QB, what’s the excuse? You can’t say the bengals had continuity in their favor.