Browns General Discussion

candyman93

That 2019 draft looks like a classic “nobody remains gets a 2nd contract” type of class. Greedy looks injury prone. Seibert and Donnie are gone. I think Drew Forbes cost himself a spot by opting out this year.

Remains to be seen, but not encouraging: Sione, Mack, and Redwine.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That 2019 draft looks like a classic “nobody remains gets a 2nd contract” type of class. Greedy looks injury prone. Seibert and Donnie are gone. I think Drew Forbes cost himself a spot by opting out this year.

Remains to be seen, but not encouraging: Sione, Mack, and Redwine.

It looks especially bad when you consider our first was used for OBJ who’s looked like a shell of himself here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It looks especially bad when you consider our first was used for OBJ who’s looked like a shell of himself here.

Just looking at 2016 up to now:

2016- Higgins, will most likely not be on the team next year unless he shows up this year.

2017- Myles, enough said. Larry, he’s playing like it’s a contract year. Njoku, I think he’s gone after this year.

2018- Baker, won’t say anymore. Denzel, need him to stay healthy, but promising when he’s not in zone coverage. Nick, stud.

2019- Already broke it down.

2020- This class gets a pass no matter what. They were screwed this year.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just looking at 2016 up to now:

2016- Higgins, will most likely not be on the team next year unless he shows up this year.

2017- Myles, enough said. Larry, he’s playing like it’s a contract year. Njoku, I think he’s gone after this year.

2018- Baker, won’t say anymore. Denzel, need him to stay healthy, but promising when he’s not in zone coverage. Nick, stud.

2019- Already broke it down.

2020- This class gets a pass no matter what. They were screwed this year.

The wild thing about this list is the complete lack of depth players.  I get not every pick is going to be a star, but there are essentially no dudes who are nice backups and core special teamers.  

I get every GM wanting their guys, but damn.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The wild thing about this list is the complete lack of depth players.  I get not every pick is going to be a star, but there are essentially no dudes who are nice backups and core special teamers.  

I get every GM wanting their guys, but damn.

Don't forget about every HC wanting to "start fresh" too. Plus, I don't care what anyone says, letting Schobert walk out that door with our cap space situation and awful LB corps was nothing short of a total fail on the nerds this year, just like letting Schwartz go 4-5 years ago. You can't let drafted talent walk away when you have so many holes already.

It's not like we are the Patriots/Chiefs/other perennial playoff organizations that have "tough decisions" to make about who to pay.

Schobert is a solid MLB with elite coverage ability.