Sony Michel reportedly underwent foot surgery this offseason

Nex_Gen

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Pretty sure he's missed his first two training camps because he had to get procedures done..

He had an injury cloud over his head during the draft process didn't he? Or I might be getting tied up with Wynn, who definitely had a knee (or leg somewhere) issue. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He had an injury cloud over his head during the draft process didn't he? Or I might be getting tied up with Wynn, who definitely had a knee (or leg somewhere) issue. 

He did. Reports of concerns over long term knee issues right before the draft.

I guess we can appreciate the fact he hasn't missed many games, but he already looked physically shot last season. Put on the Georgia tape and it's a completely different player in terms of explosiveness. 

I feel good about Damien Harris' implementation into the offense this season, so hopefully it would spell Michel a little and help keep him more effective with less of the load on him.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

He did. Reports of concerns over long term knee issues right before the draft.

I guess we can appreciate the fact he hasn't missed many games, but he already looked physically shot last season. Put on the Georgia tape and it's a completely different player in terms of explosiveness. 

I feel good about Damien Harris' implementation into the offense this season, so hopefully it would spell Michel a little and help keep him more effective with less of the load on him.

Agreed. Still, disappointing for a first round pick to have to be spelled already. That's approaching bust territory. 

15 hours ago, jofos said:

2018 was 10th in yards per game 2019 was 8th in rushing attempts and he's approaching bust territory...

8th in rushing attempts and 46th in average. Averages less than 4 yards per carry. Why did you leave that bit out?

And you've completely left out why I said bust territory - it would be through injury, not performance. And yes, if your first round RB (already questionable to select a RB in R1) is having to half his production 3 years later because he's not durable - it absolutely IS approaching bust territory. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, DoleINGout said:

Sadly a medical bust in the sense he is definitely not a first round player like he was at Georgia.

Injuries have followed him everywhere dating back to high school. Kind of baffling looking back on it that BB spent a first round pick on him; but I liked the pick at the time so this is a little bit of hindsight bias on my end.

• 2 weeks later...

I hated the pick. I would never pick a running back in the first round in my opinion it's a waste of a high draft choice.

I also can't stand picking anyone in the first round that has an injury history why gamble on health especially offensive players such as running backs and wide receivers

With that said I would not be shocked if he is cut/trade this year if he starts out this year the way he played last year he's gone. If he stays this will definitely be his last year with the Patriots.