2021 MLB Draft Thread(Prospect Top 10s)

9 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Dodgers are all pitcher picks as well and my Roberts hating dad is ready to fire him and Friedman because of it¬†ūüėÄ

There's the bat!

Am I the only one skeptical of the Nats picking House? I understand the potential there, but House has a pretty long swing and struggles against breaking stuff. I just have pretty substantial doubt about the Nats ability to fix such significant swing issues. Their player development has been poor the last few years.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Am I the only one skeptical of the Nats picking House? I understand the potential there, but House has a pretty long swing and struggles against breaking stuff. I just have pretty substantial doubt about the Nats ability to fix such significant swing issues. Their player development has been poor the last few years.

I thought that was acknowledged and been working on fixing? It seemed like he stopped trying to swing for the fences as the spring league started. 

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I thought that was acknowledged and been working on fixing? It seemed like he stopped trying to swing for the fences as the spring league started. 

Didnt read that. Not really sure how much stock I put in an 18 year old being able to fix a swing against pitching he's never experienced. 

The other prep bats the Nats drafted have swing issues too

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Didnt read that. Not really sure how much stock I put in an 18 year old being able to fix a swing against pitching he's never experienced. 

The other prep bats the Nats drafted have swing issues too

June 1st - https://www.azsnakepit.com/2021/6/1/22462018/2021-arizona-diamondbacks-draft-preview-brady-house

As little as a year ago, there were still many scouts who felt that House had too much swing-and-miss in his swing. He especially had a hard time identifying off-speed pitches, which resulted in inconsistent landing of his front foot, leading him to either chase or simply to get entirely out of sync in his swing. That step problem has been mostly cleared up, hinting at better regular pitch recognition. More notably, it has helped to clean up both his swing and his load. He stays in sync better now and gets the bat through the zone to meet both fastballs and breaking pitches out in front of the plate.

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker 

But after showing the ability to crush good velocity and handle quality breaking balls in past years on the showcase circuit, he got excessively aggressive and his right-handed stroke got longer and slower. Since learning what happens when he sells out for home runs, he has made adjustments, shortened his swing and gotten back to doing damage.

House entered last summer as the consensus top prospect in the 2021 high school class, but he struggled at the plate after getting a bit too aggressive and swinging for the fences too frequently. He has since shortened his swing and returned to his old ways, turning in an impressive performance at the World Wood Bat Association World Championship last fall before dominating this spring at Winder-Barrow (Ga.) High School.

33 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Stupid Pirates.  That's a terrific draft.  

But I thought the Pirates blew it when they took Davis #1 overall?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

But I thought the Pirates blew it when they took Davis #1 overall?

That wasn't me that said that at all.  I thought it was a very viable strategy this year, since there were no generational prospects.