2021 MLB Draft Thread(Prospect Top 10s)

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That wasn't me that said that at all.  I thought it was a very viable strategy this year, since there were no generational prospects.

I was speaking more in general.

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hmm

The cynical part of me says that it is just the typical "found an issue with the physical" scenario where the team wants to back out of an already agreed upon bonus so that another draft pick can be swayed away from college.  But given that the Mets have already signed the entirety of their 2021 outside of Rocker, this may actually be legit.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yikes. What happens in these situations? He isn't going to go back to college, right? Does he become a FA?

Goes back to school or pitches in another league; then enters the draft next year I believe. 

Am I missing something with why Jud Fabian didn't sign?  I believe he could have signed with up to $2.1M signing bonus, which would have been the 35th pick this year.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, CWood21 said:

Angels really managed to botch that pick.  Wow.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Eagles27 said:

lol Angels

On 7/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, CWood21 said:

That wasn't a surprise.  Can we have the old Mets ownership back?

On 7/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, beekay414 said:

God damn it, Mets.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Eagles27 said:

?

I said he wasn't special. Didn;t say he was bad. 

Definitely would have taken him over Bachman. High relief risk for Bachman. 

On 7/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, CWood21 said:

This.  And that's if he doesn't end up having shoulder issues down the road.  Wanted no part of him for the Cardinals.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

Mets instapicked Rocker. They were stoked.

Ooff Ouffff GIF by memecandy

^TBH I didn't think you'd be the guy pulling up hindsight draft quotes given Reagor v Jefferson...😆

Also unless we get some confirmation that he is injured to a degree that warrants not signing him; this reflects mostly poorly on the Mets. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Am I missing something with why Jud Fabian didn't sign?  I believe he could have signed with up to $2.1M signing bonus, which would have been the 35th pick this year.

There were reports prior to the draft saying he would go back to school if he didn't get drafted highly. (Assume that means first round)

MLBTR said something about teams below the Red Sox also willing to go to 3 million for him. 

54 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

^TBH I didn't think you'd be the guy pulling up hindsight draft quotes given Reagor v Jefferson...😆

Are you even an Eagles fan? Don't see you around those parts lol.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Also unless we get some confirmation that he is injured to a degree that warrants not signing him; this reflects mostly poorly on the Mets. 

Mets and Angels ownership being turds.

🤝