2021 MLB Draft Thread(Prospect Top 10s)

devils1854

On 6/4/2021 at 10:39 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

This would be a great haul for the Tigers.  I really hope we take Leiter if available.  I'm guessing with Manning stumbling some and no other pitchers in the minors being in the top 10 in our farm system will lead them to look at pitchers again in this draft. Adding a rising OF and a longer term project with Hill and his injury it would definitely get me more excited for our future.  

Leiter just had another great game tonight. He has been back to form since he got that week off. He is unprecidented waters for innings. Never threw this much in HS and only got a taste of college last year. I really do think he will be gone before Detroit's pick. I cant fathom someone taking Lawler over him, so I think it could be either Davis or House. Doesnt sound like they are too interested in Lawler at the moment.

Detroit is in perfect position to go big with those four early picks and I dont think Hill is going to bust the bank too much with the injury so taking someone like Clarke in the 3rd would probably open up close to enough money for Hill without having to take much more from other slots.

15 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Do you think the org will go HS? Been very college heavy the past couple of years.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, THE DUKE said:

I don't know much about this draft or Ford, but I can definitely see the Reds targeting a catcher.  They've done an excellent job drafting and developing catchers over the last 15 or so years and Ford would be ready about when Tyler Stephenson starts to get expensive if he can be what we hope.  Even if Stephenson makes it long term, he's a 6'4" catcher.  Catchers that tall tend to have an expiration date at the position, and Stephenson has already played some 1B while Votto has been hurt.

Ford is uber athletic. I've seen some people compare him to the likes of Biggio, Murphy, and other catchers turned up the middle players. If the bat progresses fast, he could definitely move positions. He's getting some top 10 whispers and thats special in this day of organizations not taking high school catchers early because of the bust rates. The Reds could be his floor come July.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Looks like a pretty solid Cardinals draft.  Josh Baez seems like the projectable, athletic high schooler with plus raw power much like Nolan Gorman and Jordan Walker.  And seems like a fairly safe bet to stick in the cOF spots.  Schrier seems like a solid pick, but I think they'll take him if they think he'll play up the middle.  Right now, the Cardinals are pretty flush with 3B prospects through the system and Nolan Arenado under control for the foreseeable future.  Marceaux doesn't really seem like the Cardinals' pitcher.  Smaller pitcher with average stuff and doesn't make up for it with elite control seems unlikely to be the pick.  Hartle seems like a good gamble.

Not sure what publication it was, but it sounds like Schrier is getting some first round buzz now because it looks like he could play up the middle, so Im not sure he will even last to the second round now.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, devils1854 said:

Do you think the org will go HS? Been very college heavy the past couple of years.

They'll go where they perceive the "value" to be IMO. The only preferences that I've seen under the Stearns/Arnold regime is LHP and LHB. Only Lutz and Hiura are 1st rounders who aren't a LHP or LHB.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, beekay414 said:

They'll go where they perceive the "value" to be IMO. The only preferences that I've seen under the Stearns/Arnold regime is LHP and LHB. Only Lutz and Hiura are 1st rounders who aren't a LHP or LHB.

10-4 I have been reading some HS guys on yalls radar. Everyone apparently loves Ford apparently so much that he could go top 5 and MIlwaukee would easily be his floor. That speedy CF from South Carolina thats committed to Clemson as  WR that has 80 speed might interest yall. It seems it could be a HS year. Just hopes its not a lefty in Hicks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

10-4 I have been reading some HS guys on yalls radar. Everyone apparently loves Ford apparently so much that he could go top 5 and MIlwaukee would easily be his floor. That speedy CF from South Carolina thats committed to Clemson as  WR that has 80 speed might interest yall. It seems it could be a HS year. Just hopes its not a lefty in Hicks.

Hicks or Wicks?

I want Baez or Wood, if we go HS bat tbqh, unless Ford manages to slip to 15. I don't think there's a college bat I really like in that range either. Arms are more plentiful but, if we go college, I'd hope we'd go Hoglund before we went with Wicks.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Hicks or Wicks?

I want Baez or Wood, if we go HS bat tbqh, unless Ford manages to slip to 15. I don't think there's a college bat I really like in that range either. Arms are more plentiful but, if we go college, I'd hope we'd go Hoglund before we went with Wicks.

Yeah Wicks from Kansas State. He's not a first rounder imo.

The only thing Id be worried about is if Frelick or Cowser slipping there and yall taking them. I think both are highly overrated as well.

Just now, devils1854 said:

Yeah Wicks from Kansas State. He's not a first rounder imo.

The only thing Id be worried about is if Frelick or Cowser slipping there and yall taking them. I think both are highly overrated as well.

Yeah, I don't want Wicks whatsoever. IRT Frelick and Cowser, I really don't want any of the college bats in that range unless McLain somehow falls or we trust Del Castillo enough to stick behind the plate.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I don't want Wicks whatsoever. IRT Frelick and Cowser, I really don't want any of the college bats in that range unless McLain somehow falls or we trust Del Castillo enough to stick behind the plate.

Yeah, pass on the OFers and Del Castillo. I dont think he has power and if he isnt a catcher, he is below average at every other position. Luca Tresh and NCST are powering through this tournament. I have him as a top 15 player. He can move his stock from 2nd round to maybe top 15 once people see him more. I would love him at 15 for yall.

6 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Yeah, pass on the OFers and Del Castillo. I dont think he has power and if he isnt a catcher, he is below average at every other position. Luca Tresh and NCST are powering through this tournament. I have him as a top 15 player. He can move his stock from 2nd round to maybe top 15 once people see him more. I would love him at 15 for yall.

Yeah, I don't think we're locked into a C at all. Just dropping names that we'll be interested in. Really wish there was a 3B prospect worth a damn to take there but we'll probably use 33 to address that if Pacheco is there. LIS, I think I'm all in on either Baez or Wood at 15.

Edited by beekay414

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I don't think we're locked into a C at all. Just dropping names that we'll be interested in. Really wish there was a 3B prospect worth a damn to take there but we'll probably use 33 to address that if Pacheco is there. LIS, I think I'm all in on either Baez or Wood at 15.

Kath and Schrier are two potential HS prospects that are flying up draft boards. Dont think they go as high as 15, but you never know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

oof. Yeah. I saw that. I guess Nebraska pissed Arkansas off. To be fair, up until that game, State had been one of the hottest teams in the country but Other than Notre Dame, the ACC looks like it was full of frauds this year.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 3:10 AM, devils1854 said:

oof. Yeah. I saw that. I guess Nebraska pissed Arkansas off. To be fair, up until that game, State had been one of the hottest teams in the country but Other than Notre Dame, the ACC looks like it was full of frauds this year.

Wolfpack pulled it off!

• Like 1