Best 2nd Year WR

HTTRDynasty

Which WR is the best?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR is the best?

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

... who would he knock off from the list?  Didn't want to make the list too long.  As you can see, I largely based it on the tweet from PFF in the OP.

Diontae Johnson. Slayton was better in just about every category last year with less playing time.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Diontae Johnson. Slayton was better in just about every category last year with less playing time.

Fair enough.  Though I should have just left Johnson off tbh.  I was influenced by all the complaining Steelers fans were doing in that Twitter thread.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

from your lips to god's ears, my dude

Game recognize game, bruh - he's a big dude, really fast, physical when the ball is up, has a wide build so you have to play through him if you want to make a play on the ball...

In a best case scenario, he's Andre all over again. In a middle of the road case, he's a faster Anquan Boldin. Both are really good to have.

It REALLY bothers me that the Titans are drafting so well.

56 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'd rank them this way going forward:

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf

3. Terry McLaurin

4. Darius Slayton

5. Marquise Brown

6. Deebo Samuel

1. AJ Brown
2. DK Metcalf

3. Terry McLaurin

4. Deebo Samuel
5. Darius Slayton
6. Marquise Brown
7. Diontae Johnson

So pretty similar to yours

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Diontae Johnson

On 7/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Fair enough.  Though I should have just left Johnson off tbh.  I was influenced by all the complaining Steelers fans were doing in that Twitter thread.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I'd rank them this way going forward:

1. AJ Brown

2. DK Metcalf

3. Terry McLaurin

4. Darius Slayton

5. Marquise Brown

6. Deebo Samuel

1. Terry McLaurin

2. AJ Brown

3. DK Metcalf

4. Deebo Samuel

5. Marquise Brown

6. Darius Slayton

People fall in love with the physical freaks, but I'd take Antonio Brown in his prime over most of the physical freaks we've seen at that position.  I think Terry's ceiling is a faster version of AB, or close to it.

Not to mention, Terry is 6'.  Less than half an inch shorter than AJ Brown.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:15 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd definitely take prime AB over prime Andre Johnson is really what it comes down to.

Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd only take about 6-7 WRs all time over Andre Johnson - Rice, Moss, Owens, etc. (Haven't really thought about it, but those three are locks).

I think people forget that Johnson is 11th all time in receptions and yards with Matt Schaub and David Carr as his two primary QBs. Give Andre a guy like Ben Roethlensberger, and it's safe to say those numbers trend upward.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, ET80 said:

Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd only take about 6-7 WRs all time over Andre Johnson - Rice, Moss, Owens, etc. (Haven't really thought about it, but those three are locks).

I think people forget that Johnson is 11th all time in receptions and yards with Matt Schaub and David Carr as his two primary QBs. Give Andre a guy like Ben Roethlensberger, and it's safe to say those numbers trend upward.

Think that might be your homer talking. AB is right there with the best of all-time IMO. I believe PFF has him charted with 3 of the top 5 highest graded WR seasons of the last decade (I realize they're not gospel, but it's something). 

That said, comparing McLaurin to AB is a sizable reach relative to comparing AJ Brown to Andre Johnson.