Best 2nd Year WR

HTTRDynasty

Which WR is the best?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR is the best?

To build an offense around, it’s be a coin toss between Brown and McLaurin. I think Brown brings a little bit more in the play making department (with the ball in his hands) and McLaurin gives you a little bit more downfield as a receiver. 

• Like 1

It’s hard for me to say Hollywood based off of last season, but if healthy potentially him.

As it stands based off of 2019, I’ll go with Scary Terry. I liked him coming out and he backed that up by exceeding my expectations.

That said, I think AJ Brown considering his frame and playmaking ability might be the ideal to “build” around. He can probably run every WR position and do anything you ask outside of being a legit deep threat.

One of these three. But for the poll? I’ll go with Terry, he’s earned the benefit of that distinction.

AJ Brown.  I love the size to athleticism ratio.

Darius Slayton deserves to have made the poll.  740 yards, 8 TDs as a rookie.  Great athlete as he showed at the combine.

Mecole Hardman should also have made the poll as well.  Elite athlete, in a great situation with Mahomes.

If I were ranking them from a pure fantasy football production standpoint in year two,

1. AJ Brown - True #1 potentional
  2. DK Metcalf - Great deep threat for a great QB
  3. Mecole Hardman - Great deep threat for a great QB
  4. Darius Slayton - Will be lining up as the Giants #1 outside WR
  5. Terry McClaurin - Talented, but has the worst QB situation on this list
  6. Debo Samuel - Great after the catch

Was never a big fan of Marquise Brown.  I just don't see how he lasts in the league at his size.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I went Terry McLaurin 1st, but I think Diontae Johnson would be my 2nd. Slayton and AJ Brown T-3rd. 

Johnson being slept on. I think he lead not only so rookies, but all receivers in average seperation per route run last year. Random statistic I heard on a fantasy podcast lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Johnson being slept on. I think he lead not only so rookies, but all receivers in average seperation per route run last year. Random statistic I heard on a fantasy podcast lol

Do you or anyone else know of any stats out there that show the percentage of snaps that a given WR faced the other team's #1 CB?  I wouldn't be too impressed with average separation if a WR was taking most of his snaps from the slot or if he was facing the #2 or #3 CB the majority of the time.

For example, it's obvious McLaurin is an excellent route runner, but I don't think he has great separation numbers because he faced (and often beat) CBs such as Stephone Gilmore, Tre'Davious White, Darius Slay, Kyle Fuller and Byron Jones for the majority of his snaps last year.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Do you or anyone else know of any stats out there that show the percentage of snaps that a given WR faced the other team's #1 CB?  I wouldn't be too impressed with average separation if a WR was taking most of his snaps from the slot or if he was facing the #2 or #3 CB the majority of the time.

For example, it's obvious McLaurin is an excellent route runner, but I don't think he has great separation numbers because he faced (and often beat) CBs such as Stephone Gilmore, Tre'Davious White, Darius Slay, Kyle Fuller and Byron Jones for the majority of his snaps last year.

I feel like Mike Clay has done stuff like that in the past, but it's usually for fantasy preview type stuff. I don't think he keeps an active tally on it. I don't know of anyone who publishes that stuff, but I assume that someone has to track it unless people like Clay are going back and watching the tape specific to those individuals all the time (which is possible). What you are saying is accurate, though while McLaurin's average separation was low, it was actually very similar to Julio's, so its obviously not a major issue.  

Yards per route run is  a predictor a lot of people use, and Terry was solid in that regard last year (third for all rookies, despite having low separation totals, as you indicated). He and Deebo were basically tied behind AJ Brown and Hunter Renfrow (who likely may not see enough routes in any given season to really "blow up"). Johnson was much lower in that regard, but I think that will right itself. Since I believe that he will be in a similar situation as last year, I think statistically he has a great chance to blow up with better quarterback play (even if I'm not really sold on Ben coming back and playing well at his age and coming off the injury). Think JJSS from two years ago. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

I loved Diontae in the draft last year, so part of it is my bias, but yeah I think he will have a big year if Ben is good. I wouldn't be shocked to see him with a close to or better season than Juju

Edited by JBURGE

I try to pick and choose where I homer it up. But, I'm going to here. It's a really good group, but I bet on Hollywood over any of them. He's a going to be a gamewrecker if he can stay healthy. His skill and speed have the makings of a superstar. Doesn't hurt that he's got his cousins work ethic without any of the extra stuff showing up so far.

• Like 1