Best 2nd Year WR

HTTRDynasty

Which WR is the best?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR is the best?

McLauren is underrated only because he’s not particularly flashy. He reminds me quite a bit of a guy like Joe Horn and DeAndre Hopkins  Solid size, good speed but nothing that jumps off the page. But it’s the sum of the parts...the guy is just incredibly well rounded and very good at every phase of the game. He doesmy have AJ Brown/Deebo Sanders brute strength and ability to bully defenders, he doesn’t have Metcalfs crazy size-speed with a QB dropping dimes to him, and he doesn’t have Hollywood Browns crazy deep speed. But he has 75% of the best attributes of all of those guys, with incredible football IQ, hands, and route running. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, hburn said:

Through 4 games DK is the only correct answer

leads the league through 4 games on just 16 catches and made Gilmore look silly trying to guard him

Leads the league in what? The only stat I can see is y/r. Other than that he isnt first in anything. And he is only so high at that because his catch % is bad. If you go yards per a target he drops to (a respectable) 6th

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Leads the league in what? The only stat I can see is y/r. Other than that he isnt first in anything. And he is only so high at that because his catch % is bad. If you go yards per a target he drops to (a respectable) 6th

Yards, 403 leads the league through 4  games. Robinson has more right now but that’s because he has 5 games platted. Might not have the best catch rate but leading on 16 receptions is extremely impressive. When the vast majority of your targets are deeper your catch rate will suffer. 

16 minutes ago, hburn said:

Yards, 403 leads the league through 4  games. Robinson has more right now but that’s because he has 5 games platted. Might not have the best catch rate but leading on 16 receptions is extremely impressive. When the vast majority of your targets are deeper your catch rate will suffer. 

ahh, didnt catch that. I see now. Tied for first. There is a bunch of guys grouped right there, it will be interesting to see what this looks like at the end of the season. 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, Matts4313 said:

ahh, didnt catch that. I see now. Tied for first. There is a bunch of guys grouped right there, it will be interesting to see what this looks like at the end of the season. 

It’s an absolute wild year for recover stats that’s for sure

I can't help but think that it would be McLaurin if he had a better QB buuuut
Metcalf is just playing out of his mind this year. Yes he's having some (bad) drops but he's starting to take over drives (like yesterday in the 4th quarter) and get behind the whole defense at least once every game. He's so explosive and physically gifted it's ridiculous.
I would think his ceiling is the highest of the group.

Hollywood Brown impresses me every time I watch him play but I feel like he's behind Metcalf/McLaurin/Brown for sure