Misc minor news, stats, etc

JAF-N72EX

It seems like alot of minor reports like news, stats, and such have been getting posted in random threads throughout the forum, which makes it hard to follow, because there isn't really a centralized place to put 'em so....here we are.

Post any random Bears stats, light news, or comments here.

I'll start with this. 

It doesn't the amount of times but still.....we needed a player to take the top off a defense right?  Hope this translate on the field. 

I don't play fantasy football but I always get interested in Matt Harmon's takes on football so after I read this I finally gave in and paid for a sub just to see all of the results. I typically don't like posting stats until I actually go back and fact them but I don't have time right now since I'm leaving for a week.

I obviously can't post everything in it's entirety as per the rules, but here are a couple of notable things worth mentioning.

1) Arob faced man covered on 193 routes (9th most in the league).

2) Anthony Miller is ranked 20th in success rate (73.30%) vs Man coverage on 135 attempts. 

• Like 2

Kyle Long saying on Twitter that if he ever does come back to play, it'd have to be for a different front office. Understandable, he's not throwing shade as much as the media wants to say he is.

Also disappointing to hear that Tarik wasn't taking his conditioning seriously. He needs to get his head on or else he won't be making big money on his next contract.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Kyle Long saying on Twitter that if he ever does come back to play, it'd have to be for a different front office. Understandable, he's not throwing shade as much as the media wants to say he is.

Also disappointing to hear that Tarik wasn't taking his conditioning seriously. He needs to get his head on or else he won't be making big money on his next contract.

Yeah, Long essentially said "they fired me, of course if I came back it'd have to be for a new regime." Nothing out of the ordinary, just honest unlike most of the stuff we hear from players, coaches, etc.

Who said that about Cohen? Long?

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, Long essentially said "they fired me, of course if I came back it'd have to be for a new regime." Nothing out of the ordinary, just honest unlike most of the stuff we hear from players, coaches, etc.

Who said that about Cohen? Long?

Cohen said it on one of the zoom interviews on the Bears youtube. Said he relied on Benny Cunningham to keep him in line and force him to work out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Didn't he take an injury settlement/designation, though? WTF? 

On Twitter he said the decision to be cut or "retire" was made at halftime for him. I'd screenshot them but that's a lot of work lol

Edited by The_Romen

4 hours ago, The_Romen said:

On Twitter he said the decision to be cut or "retire" was made at halftime for him. I'd screenshot them but that's a lot of work lol

Yes he did. Said the call was made at halftime in London

5 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Cohen said it on one of the zoom interviews on the Bears youtube. Said he relied on Benny Cunningham to keep him in line and force him to work out.

Damn. Doesn't he want to get paid. I get eventually not caring but doesn't he want a decent contract here soon?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Damn. Doesn't he want to get paid. I get eventually not caring but doesn't he want a decent contract here soon?

I loved him the first year, but it seems like a lot of this stuff went to his head and he's just kinda coasting by. He's all about streaming games and having fun... I hope they don't pay him.

51 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I think he's just being honest. Definitely not trashing the organization at all, just doesn't want to play for the people that fired him.

Just from what I can read I think Long is talking more about the coaching staff than he is the front office.

I remember last season when he was out with an injury saying something along the lines of how the coaching staff needs to do a better job of putting Mitch in positions for success.

That tells me he had issues with how things were being done on offense. Maybe he just doesn't care for Nagy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just from what I can read I think Long is talking more about the coaching staff than he is the front office.

I remember last season when he was out with an injury saying something along the lines of how the coaching staff needs to do a better job of putting Mitch in positions for success.

That tells me he had issues with how things were being done on offense. Maybe he just doesn't care for Nagy.

I can see that. Maybe he doesn't enjoy Nagy's rah rah bs.

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

I loved him the first year, but it seems like a lot of this stuff went to his head and he's just kinda coasting by. He's all about streaming games and having fun... I hope they don't pay him.

Dont agree( also he went to my alma mater so im a little biased haha)

Year 1: hungry as hell....thirsty rook

Year 2: His best season, used in the perfect role

Year 3: They had him playing basically backup RB....thats not what he does....I would argue everybody from the front office down to the water boys let that 12-4 season go to their heads last year...it was weird.

When Cohen was drafted one of his things was his youtube workout videos. I havent seen the Benny Cunningham comment but Im guessing it was a young kid being funny. TC loves working out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Dont agree( also he went to my alma mater so im a little biased haha)

Year 1: hungry as hell....thirsty rook

Year 2: His best season, used in the perfect role

Year 3: They had him playing basically backup RB....thats not what he does....I would argue everybody from the front office down to the water boys let that 12-4 season go to their heads last year...it was weird.

When Cohen was drafted one of his things was his youtube workout videos. I havent seen the Benny Cunningham comment but Im guessing it was a young kid being funny. TC loves working out.

When you watch the video or whatever, it definitely doesn't come off as a joke. He went fairly in depth about it and seemed disappointed in himself. I'd love for him to right the ship.

47 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I can see that. Maybe he doesn't enjoy Nagy's rah rah bs.

Or just hates being part of a crap offense. 

27 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

At the beginning of the year they tried to make him a WR essentially. That was a terrible decision that I understand the attempt, but the experiment was cling to for way too long. 

• Like 1