2021 Draft Prospects

Tetsujin

1 minute ago, Tetsujin said:

Some Day 2 guys:

Baron Browning, LB, Ohio St a former 5* recruit that has worked his way into the Buckeye starting lineup now. Everything you want physically from an off-ball LB and getting better. Is being used in multiple roles.

An Ohio State spring football plea: Find the right position for Baron  Browning -- Doug Lesmerises - cleveland.com

I haven't had a chance to watch video of Browning.  I remember he was a really highly touted recruit, though.  I've become a pretty big fan of Nick Bolton now that it's become clear that Parsons is likely a pipe dream.  

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

This is a good draft to get 1 of those guys. Parsons, Moses, Surratt, Collins, Browning.

Parsons and Moses would be perfect but you just never know if they will be taken too high in front of us (Parsons with Houston's pick and Moses with our pick). 

Surratt isn't a guy I'm looking at.  He's not fundamentally sound enough and doesn't have enough poop in his pants to hold up in the NFL run game.  I take Bolton over him 100 times out of 100.  I'm looking for a plug and play ILB in the first 2 rounds.  Surratt isn't that. It's more important to have impact than it is for a player to have the right body frame.  

If the powers that be think Collins can play ILB, I'm 100% on board with him as well.  Really big fan of his game.  I just worry that he's a little redundant with Van Noy/AVG/Biegel already  on the roster.  We need to upgrade Baker/Roberts.

Like I said, I need to watch Browning video.  I've seen his name popping up more often.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

We need to upgrade Baker/Roberts.

Miami's defense has so many moving parts and rotational players I can't keep track of who is playing where. Which is prolly the whole point. 

Baker is so fast...he should be replaced? I can't pretend to understand the scheme enough to know if he's doing well in his role or not. 

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Miami's defense has so many moving parts and rotational players I can't keep track of who is playing where. Which is prolly the whole point. 

Baker is so fast...he should be replaced? I can't pretend to understand the scheme enough to know if he's doing well in his role or not. 

He gets completely washed out in the run game.  Doesn't shed blocks well and can't pursue in traffic.  Baker and Roberts as the starting LBs are about 75% of this team's issues in run defense.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...