2021 Draft Prospects

Tetsujin

On 6/21/2020 at 11:41 AM, Tetsujin said:

I’m avoiding OL until it’s evident we need one early.

In my opinion it's already evident we need o-linemen.  Too many people are counting Kindley, Hunt, and Jackson as successes.  Even if we hit on 2 of the 3, they won't play well for a couple of seasons.  It'll take time to develop them.

Edited by Deadeye

16 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

In my opinion it's already evident we need o-linemen.  Too many people are counting Kindley, Hunt, and Jackson as successes.  Even if we hit on 2 of the 3, they won't play well for a couple of seasons.  It'll take time to develop them.

We won’t know until we know but I just hope we get one in R2. R1 should be reserved for playmakers.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:54 PM, Tetsujin said:

We won’t know until we know but I just hope we get one in R2. R1 should be reserved for playmakers.

Of course you are correct that we won’t know, but I like to look into my crystal ball and predict what the future holds......and my prediction is that our OLine in 2020 plays much better than it did in 2019, but will still need an infuse of talent.  I think Flowers is a big question mark given his salary of $10M per year....  He will be a solid LG for us but not worth the $10M annual salary, and that moves Kindley to LG for 2021 or 2022.  Hunt is coming off a season ending injury and there’s a very good chance he doesn’t move well enough to lock down the RT spot and ends up at RG.  That probably puts Jessie Davis as the starting RT and I don’t think he’s the guy we want protecting Tua’s blind side in 2021.  Karras was solid for NE last season but has basically been a career backup until injury put him in the lineup.  Austin Jackson has huge upside but has a lot of work to do as far as dominating his opponents at the point of attack, and with Tua being a Lefty Jackson will likely be expected to handle more plays where he is at the POA.

Given these questions and OT Alex Leatherwoods familiarity with Tua and Leatherwoods performance, I think he will seriously be in consideration for us in the mid range of round 1 in next years draft.

I really like Chase and I think he and Rousseau will be top 10 picks if they stay healthy and maintain their performance levels, and we could very well end up with one of them with our first pick ( both would be a dream ), but even with our OLine investments in 2020 I wouldn’t rule out an OT early in 2021.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:37 PM, Deadeye said:

I bet Kindley plays very well as soon as this season. Dude eats guys at the POA. He's too big and lost his balance at times when he leaned too much in space, but he can manhandle people and moves well for someone of his size. As long as he's not constantly pulling and being asked to tie-up LBs ten yards downfield on most plays, he should prove very reliable in both the ground game and pass pro.

Robert Hunt is dripping with potential. However, he's coming off an injury and coming from a small school. He doesn't have any flaws to his game, and graded incredibly well during my analyses. He can be Tua's blind-side protector, but he IS a developmental specimen.

Austin Jackson can develop into a top-notch tackle, but he's going to need a lot of work. He has the ideal body and athleticism for an NFL tackle. He's generally been very strong in pass protection, but had issues from AJ Epenesa. He's a great character, but he's raw and a the least starter-ready out of the three OL drafted by them this year.

28 minutes ago, FinSting said:

A small school that every year plays LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M...

Almost, but not quite. Last year, the best team they played was either Appalachian State or Mississippi State. UL Lafayette never played Auburn or LSU in Hunt's time there, and they only played Alabama and Texas A&M once apiece over his four-year span as a starter. They played Mississippi State fairly regularly, so he wasn't COMPLETELY untested.

Now, they DID play Alabama in 2018, while Hunt was a junior, and that put him on the radar, but coming from the Sun Belt, there WILL be a big jump in competition for him on an every-week basis. 

I like Hunt the best out of those OL, personally, but I think Kindley will be better in the short term. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

My Top realistic 5 right now for Miami, in no order:

M. Parsons

J. Waddle/J. Chase

M. Wilson

D. Moses

I really hope there is a QB run at the top so that guys like Parsons/Waddle/Chase get pushed down a bit.  I think the Fins end up with 2 picks in the 10-16 range.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

I really hope there is a QB run at the top so that guys like Parsons/Waddle/Chase get pushed down a bit.  I think the Fins end up with 2 picks in the 10-16 range.

I think our roster is filled out to the point id be cool with packaging our 3rd rounder with our first 2nd rounder to get back into the 1st round and catch a falling star.

I think our roster is filled out to the point id be cool with packaging our 3rd rounder with our first 2nd rounder to get back into the 1st round and catch a falling star.

3 picks in the 1st rd again like this year? Well that's just greedy heh. 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:31 PM, Tetsujin said:

Or if we are in danger of drafting too many young players without enough roster space to keep them all, trading picks this year for picks next year.

Waddle out for the year

That might drop him a round or two.  Looks like a nasty lower leg break.  I don't know what the recovery time is, but he might miss alot of next season.  This was a player I wanted for Miami because of his amazing speed and good chemistry with Tua.