• Byron Jones (Dolphins)
    • Marshon Lattimore (Saints)
    • Stephon Gilmore (Patriots)
    • Joe Haden (Steelers)
    • Richard Sherman (49ers)
    • Shaquill Griffin (Seahawks)
    • Another player that wasn't listed

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

At this point any answer other than Gilmore or White is wrong.

Going to co-sign this. 

Obviously Ramsey could get back there quite easily, but as of last year, I thought it was quite evident that those two were the best. The position is highly volatile though. One of them could easily slip, Humphrey could have a monster season, Ramsey return to form, etc etc etc. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Going to co-sign this. 

Obviously Ramsey could get back there quite easily, but as of last year, I thought it was quite evident that those two were the best. The position is highly volatile though. One of them could easily slip, Humphrey could have a monster season, Ramsey return to form, etc etc etc. 

Humphrey had a monster season last year tbh...and was arguably our best defender in 2018 as a 2nd year pro.

I think the gap between Gillmore/White and Humphrey is a lot smaller than many people would think.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Humphrey had a monster season last year tbh...and was arguably our best defender in 2018 as a 2nd year pro.

I think the gap between Gillmore/White and Humphrey is a lot smaller than many people would think.

Still a gap, so Gilmore / White takes it for me. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mind the gap.

zrWZJOe.gif

Gilmore genuinely shadows #1 WRs though, an undoubtedly harder task than not shadowing. For him to still have better raw metrics than White is pretty incredible.

edit- that being said I don’t think there’s a gap going forward, both are in top class of CBs. I do think Gilmore’s 2019 was on a different level though, but CB play can be pretty volatile, especially if you’re following #1s. I would be stunned if Gilmore put up similar coverage metrics while shadowing in 2020.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Then why did you vote Humphrey? Lol

Because in my opinion there isn’t really a gap at all.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I saw more than a few games’ worth of Stephon Gillmore and Tre White last year each, certainly not enough to know beyond a doubt that either of them would have played a better season than Marlon did on that 2019 Ravens defense. Did everything he was asked to do at the highest level possible imo - save that one long TD given up in the playoff game.

That gap comment wasnt in reference to my opinion necessarily, it was more in reference to other people seeing the names, and assuming there’s a pretty meaningful gap because they see and hear Gillmore and White’s names much more often than they hear Humphrey’s.

If I see a comparison that’s as close between all of the players (in my opinion) as I believe this one to be, and one of them is a Raven, I’m gonna vote for the Raven lol seeing as how I’m a Ravens fan.

• Like 4

Tre White and Stephon Gilmore are 1a and 1b in my books. I think Gilmore was slightly better in 2019 but him getting burned by John Brown for a TD gives slight edge to White imo. White didnt give up a TD all year and that separates him barely. The fact that those two have probably 1 play that seperated them at all shows just how close they are. 

• Like 1