Several Cowboys and Texans Players are COVID-19 Positive

HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Do you expect them to keep the draft order the same if we get no football? I'd imagine they do an NBA style lottery for the teams who missed the playoffs. 

I've considered that as well, but I would think that would set a precedent the NFL has been trying to avoid for many years.  They've been against the lottery system for so long, I can't see the owners changing their minds on that, even for such a unique situation.

I could definitely be wrong.  Though I obviously hope I'm not. :D

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I've considered that as well, but I would think that would set a precedent the NFL has been trying to avoid for many years.  They've been against the lottery system for so long, I can't see the owners changing their minds on that, even for such a unique situation.

I'd imagine that the CBA being agreed on earlier would make them more likely to try to do the draft lottery this one time. It will be another 10 years before they have to worry about it. 

Rams don't have a first so it doesn't matter to me either way haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

So there has been no rookie camps, no minicamps and now training camp is in serious jeopardy. There's also no way to quarantine 50+ players for each NFL team. The "second wave" isn't supposed to hit until this winter as well.

This is not good news for the 2020 season. Not good at all.

Depends. How were these cases identified? In a lot of ways a higher incidence rate across the population absent any symptoms or complications is relatively good news in that it means the virus is less dangerous than we initially believed. Will be very interesting to see results of antibody tests for NFL teams. If say, 20% of the league had it and didn't even know, that could make the risk calculation for the players significantly reduced as compared to what we knew (or thought we knew) several months ago.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

As a Vikings fan, a reverse alphabetical order seems like the best and most logical way to do it...

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's scary hearing the experience of some that have tested positive that felt fine for a while but then started noticing some long-term effects. Hopefully Zeke and the rest who tested positive will be fine. 

Any links to back this claim up?

37 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

It's simple, the NFL won't be able to play again in 2021. Considering the USA's slow response to the pandemic, I'm willing to bet that a vaccine won't be available until summer of 2021 at the earliest. Make no mistake this virus is deadly and if the NFL tries to play with it running rampant, we could see the deaths of many famous coaches/players.  

Most people who die are unhealthy to begin with or in nursing homes, so your statement is a bit hyperbole

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's scary hearing the experience of some that have tested positive that felt fine for a while but then started noticing some long-term effects. Hopefully Zeke and the rest who tested positive will be fine. 

Unless he and the other players have some kind of underlying medical issue, they should all be fine. The problem is if they spread it to anyone else that are under one of the risk group.