Several Cowboys and Texans Players are COVID-19 Positive

HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

The players will eventually need their money. Unlike many of the front office guys, the average player would struggle gaining decent employment outside of football. I understand the risk of the unknown. But I also know the risk of the known...people can’t make money without work. 

That's silly. There are plenty of people in the United States who were far less prepared making far less money than an average NFL player who are still out of work. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's silly. There are plenty of people in the United States who were far less prepared making far less money than an average NFL player who are still out of work. 

It’s not silly. 78% of players are broken or bankrupt within two years of finishing their NFL career. Many players don’t take education seriously and there’s a high percentage without college degrees or with meaningless degrees. They planned to make their money through the NFL or football affiliated business. Many absolutely will be broke is that bubble bursts. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

It’s not silly. 78% of players are broken or bankrupt within two years of finishing their NFL career. Many players don’t take education seriously and there’s a high percentage without college degrees or with meaningless degrees. They planned to make their money through the NFL or football affiliated business. Many absolutely will be broke is that bubble bursts. 

Well that would be true regardless of COVID, so whats your point?

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Well that would be true regardless of COVID, so whats your point?

That without the NFL the majority of these players would be in rough shape. So absolutely they’ll take the risk to maintain their livelihoods. If football isnt played within the next two years it won’t be because the players.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

"On call today, NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills said: “We do not feel it’s practical or appropriate to construct a bubble.” League will rely on robust contact tracing, education, testing. “Anyone who tests positive will be isolated until medically appropriate to return.”

Does anybody know if the testers are independent MDs or a team employee ?
I could see certain un-named teams lying about it in order to have a key player available on Sunday for the Big Game

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I could see certain un-named teams lying about it in order to have a key player available on Sunday for the Big Game

This would be extremely stupid.  They'd be risking their own players and staff catching it much more-so than the opposition would be at risk.

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Season will be "started" on schedule.  Doesn't mean it will be completed. If in the Fall another massive outbreak occurs, primarily those who weren't sick the 1st time the season will be canceled. Pretend otherwise all you want.

Never said it would be completed. I'm simply saying there will be football. I don't claim to know the future, but some people are saying we wont play football this year, and I haven't seen convincing reasons why we wont. If the NBA experiment bombs, I'll be right along with you.

• Like 1

Another Broncos player tested positive.  

At least you can somewhat observe a public group and it’s short and longer term effects on them.  In this case healthy young men, some like Miller, who have some underlying conditions like asthma.  I hope they are open about it so we can learn more.  Sample size is small, but it is hard to spin it either direction when they have to perform or not perform a public physical feat in a short time. 

Hard to trust twitter anecdotes of a friend of a friend or isolated extreme cases highlighted by media on either spectrum.