2020 Browns Hype

dll2000

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can't specifically speak to any instance, but PM me if you get something like this again and I'll work to get it stopped.

I can't promise a banhammer, but I can promise positive action for all involved. I can't be everywhere at once, but I promise I'll do what I can.

All water under the bridge 😎

Appreciate that!

• Like 1

I was chugging the Koolaid last offseason and I'll be damned if I'm not slapping the bag and shotgunning the stuff this offseason. I don't know why I want the Browns to be good, I just do. 

In all seriousness, their roster looks tremendous on paper and I have a really good feeling about the changes Stefanski will make to that offense to where they operate more carefully with the football and more effective at utilizing their litany of playmakers. Kitchens simply wasn't fit to lead that team. 

On 6/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, Forge said:

All the people acting as though the Browns hype happens every year.... This team was seriously 0-16 three seasons ago. 

Yes, they got a lot of hype leading into last season. Baker looked great at the end of his rookie season, they had freed themselves from the shackles of Hue Jackson, MG was going into his third season coming off a 13 sack second year,  they had added OBJ, Chubb was coming off a good efficiency year and going to get the ball more while the team had added Kareem Hunt. There was a lot to be excited about, so they got hyped up. Makes sense. But this has certainly not been an every year thing. 

It will fall on the same thing it always does....coaching. The Browns have had some talented teams and have always underachieved mostly in part because of the complete and total trainwreck of their coaching staffs. Since 1999 I cant remember a single one of the 50 Browns coaching staffs that have came in, installed their system, formed a team identity and got players to play above their heads or improve from where they were.

Oh I know one-Kyle Shannahan when he made Brian Hoyer look like we might have had a franchise QB and then let him walk because of Johnny Manziel and Mike Pettine

17 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Damn now you're making me all nostalgic for some of my earliest days on this forum arguing with Browns fans who insisted that new Cleveland GM Phil Savage was the real brains in the Ravens FO and Ozzie Newsome was just a figurehead.

Hello my old friend. 

I remember arguing that. 

For one season I was right 2007.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Damn now you're making me all nostalgic for some of my earliest days on this forum arguing with Browns fans who insisted that new Cleveland GM Phil Savage was the real brains in the Ravens FO and Ozzie Newsome was just a figurehead.

I haven’t given up hope just yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Derek Anderson was gonna take you guys to the promised land if only you guys hadn't been seduced by Brady Quinn's dreamy eyes.

We have drafted 3 qbs at 22, 2007, 2012, 2014. The worst was Quinn, he competed with Johnny football, and Brandon Weeden. Unreal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have drafted 3 qbs at 22, 2007, 2012, 2014. The worst was Quinn, he competed with Johnny football, and Brandon Weeden. Unreal.

Whats really mindblowing is how many times the Browns have finished with a top 10 pick in the draft and how few QBs they have selected in the top 10. 

They are forever content on trading down for 'assets' and taking the 3rd-5th best QB in the draft then get stuck wondering why it didnt work out. But hey! At least they have those multiple 2nd rounders because #assets

Wentz, Watson and Mahommes were all sitting in the Browns laps and they said ' ehhhhhh we'll pass' because #assets 

Edited by AkronsWitness

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats really mindblowing is how many times the Browns have finished with a top 10 pick in the draft and how few QBs they have selected in the top 10. 

They are forever content on trading down for 'assets' and taking the 3rd-5th best QB in the draft then get stuck wondering why it didnt work out. But hey! At least they have those multiple 2nd rounders because #assets

Wentz, Watson and Mahommes were all sitting in the Browns laps and they said ' ehhhhhh we'll pass' because #assets 

Sashi was trash 

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How many execs in or franchise had the capacity to evaluate a qb? 

Not savage, not butch, I don't think policy or palmer, clearly not sachi/hue, maybe dorsey? Not sure about berry/stefeanski

Berry will acquire QBs for us going forward.