Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers extend Kyle Shanahan 6 year contract

Recommended Posts

He deserves it. But I wonder how successful he’ll be if the league figures out how to stop the wide zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He deserves it. But I wonder how successful he’ll be if the league figures out how to stop the wide zone. 

I mean not like he just started these running concepts and that they haven't been in the league for decades? 

I wonder if Lynch gets a deal soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No brainer.  Guy is one of the elite coaches in the business and he's extremely young.  There's not another coach I would take over him, I don't think.  There's Belichick and Reid, but they're both up there in age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

tenor.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

Weirder things have happened. I expect the team to regress from 13 wins and a super bowl appearance, but it's kind of hard not to regress from each of those. 

Do I expect them to win 8 games? Certainly not. But it's possible if highly unlikely in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LieutenantGains said:

Now it's time for Shannahan to reward them with component 4th quarter playoff clock management

No need for component most of the world is on HDMI by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Weirder things have happened. I expect the team to regress from 13 wins and a super bowl appearance, but it's kind of hard not to regress from each of those. 

Do I expect them to win 8 games? Certainly not. But it's possible if highly unlikely in my opinion

So you're thinking 7-9? That's quite a fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FinSting said:

So you're thinking 7-9? That's quite a fall.

No, I suspect 11-5, maybe 12-4 because the schedule is set up in a positive fashion, in my opinion. But my expectation is 11-5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to predict 10-6. The 49ers don't really beat the Cardinals. Like ever. Meanwhile, I expect them to split with both the Hawks and Rams. I'm also picking them to lose to the Saints and Bills, while beating New England, Philly, and Dallas as their tough non-division wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

tenor.gif

 

To be fair. I think the 9ers have peaked. I don't really see them improving unless they land a superstar wideout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm going to predict 10-6. The 49ers don't really beat the Cardinals. Like ever. Meanwhile, I expect them to split with both the Hawks and Rams. I'm also picking them to lose to the Saints and Bills, while beating New England, Philly, and Dallas as their tough non-division wins.

We beat them twice last year though? 

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

To be fair. I think the 9ers have peaked. I don't really see them improving unless they land a superstar wideout.

They don't need to improve much. Very deep and loaded roster. Have enough weapons offensively. Need Jimmy to get a bit better in some areas but the team should still be competing for a SB next season. It's also not like the team had a lot of health luck or anything. Just for fortunate to get healthy for the postseason run. Division is better so that makes it tougher but yeah, still one of the best teams in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

I don't think, because one player doesn't weigh super heavily on the Niners like they do on most teams in the league.  In Rams example, Gurley was such a huge part of their team the year they went to the SB.  Outside of Mahomes, Gurley was maybe the best offensive player in the league last year.  He went from that to not even being on the team anymore right now.

Niners well balanced across the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×