49ers extend Kyle Shanahan 6 year contract

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

I'd say expect him to go down 1 point of agility and speed but also up 2 points of awareness.  It's a trade-off, but I'd say it's worth it.

4 hours ago, LieutenantGains said:

Now it's time for Shannahan to reward them with component 4th quarter playoff clock management

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No need for component most of the world is on HDMI by now.

🤔

@Bonanza23?

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do we see a similar regression from Shanny and the 49ers similar to McVay and the Rams this past season?

I doubt it, The Shanny running game has shown it can't be stopped. Over 20 years it's been proven to do well with Mike, Kubiak and now Kyle...I do believe McVay runs the same running style their offensive line was #1 overall in terms of run and pass blocking 

Edited by Chuck80

Great news. Best coach the 49ers have had since Walsh in my opinion. Best thing I like about Kyle is that even for someone on the outside like myself, he doesn't sound like a phony in what he decides to tell the public. He has a way of being as real and honest with you as anyone else, while still keeping you at arms length as a responsible coach does. He's the first guy I've listened to in every presser, and come away impressed after almost every speech. Even when I've been frustrated with him, or didn't agree with his thinking process in certain games. I hope John Lynch gets an extension too, because their working relationship has been dynamite. Complete opposite of Harbaugh and Baalke. Zero rumors of dysfunction between the two. 

Edited by PapaShogun

6 hours ago, Danger said:

To be fair. I think the 9ers have peaked. I don't really see them improving unless they land a superstar wideout.

To be fair, you never believed in us last season either. You were constantly saying we were overrated and weren't going anywhere. Its going to be fun beating up on the NFCE and AFCE next year. Carson wentz is not going to enjoy his time in CA

George Kittle is our superstar pass catcher, so I don't see your point. 

did you miss the part where we traded up in the first round for a WR? We also should be getting back Jalen Hurd, who was a high 3rd round pick in 2019. He has legit #1 WR upside but only has 1 season of WR play under his belt. So there might be some growing pains early but kittle, deebo, aiyuk, hurd could be a very nasty group of weapons

Passing offense will be better when Jimmy is more consistent. His footwork was an issue at times. That should be an easy fix. 

Our defense and run game are worth 10 wins alone, "superstar wideout" be damned. This roster was built for the long haul, we didn't try and do a quick turnaround like the Rams. those comparisons are unfounded. McVay was too green. He has still only been calling plays for a few seasons. It showed big time last year. Rams offense didn't put it together until it was too late, basically. Niners offense sustained multiple injuries, including losing both starting tackles, allpro TE, allpro FB, both starting WRs, starting C, starting RG, and was still well above average (not all at the same time but there was significant overlap). McVay had a top 3 OL and the best running back in football. When he didn't, their offense looked below average. Our DC is going to be a HC next year, their DC is out of football now. do I need to continue? lol @RaidersAreOne

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuck80 said:

I doubt it, The Shanny running game has shown it can't be stopped. Over 20 years it's been proven to do well with Mike, Kubiak and now Kyle...I do believe McVay runs the same running style their offensive line was #1 overall in terms of run and pass blocking 

its the same language and blocking scheme, but it has evolved significantly over the last 3 seasons. We do way more motion now and there are more option routes and option blocks from my understanding

Their offensive line WAS #1 overall. A great OL will make any playcaller look great. you could make the wrong call but if your OL demolishes people whats the difference.

Rams OL went from elite to mediocre in one offseason and mcvay was dumbfounded 

even when the niners were bad, our offense showed up every week with a good gameplan. we were well coached even though we had an absurd amount of turnovers with no takeaways. I cant say the rams were well coached last year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

To be fair, you never believed in us last season either. You were constantly saying we were overrated and weren't going anywhere. Its going to be fun beating up on the NFCE and AFCE next year. Carson wentz is not going to enjoy his time in CA

George Kittle is our superstar pass catcher, so I don't see your point. 

did you miss the part where we traded up in the first round for a WR? We also should be getting back Jalen Hurd, who was a high 3rd round pick in 2019. He has legit #1 WR upside but only has 1 season of WR play under his belt. So there might be some growing pains early but kittle, deebo, aiyuk, hurd could be a very nasty group of weapons

Passing offense will be better when Jimmy is more consistent. His footwork was an issue at times. That should be an easy fix. 

Our defense and run game are worth 10 wins alone, "superstar wideout" be damned. This roster was built for the long haul, we didn't try and do a quick turnaround like the Rams. those comparisons are unfounded. McVay was too green. He has still only been calling plays for a few seasons. It showed big time last year. Rams offense didn't put it together until it was too late, basically. Niners offense sustained multiple injuries, including losing both starting tackles, allpro TE, allpro FB, both starting WRs, starting C, starting RG, and was still well above average (not all at the same time but there was significant overlap). McVay had a top 3 OL and the best running back in football. When he didn't, their offense looked below average. Our DC is going to be a HC next year, their DC is out of football now. do I need to continue? lol @RaidersAreOne

So defensive. xD

You guys have lost a couple pieces, and frankly the likelihood of you guys replicating last season just based on sheer probability along is unlikely. I don't doubt that you guys will make the playoffs, but with Jimmy G and that WR core, I can't imagine you guys getting over the hump.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't imagine you guys getting over the hump.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

best odds to win SB from the NFC and odds- on favorite to win the NFC West.
Coming back from a SB loss is always a huge challenge, but this season will be different because the offseason is abbreviated for all teams
In a normal offseason, the SB participants are about a month behind everybody else on the recovery, rehab and install side. This year, not so much

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Danger said:

To be fair. I think the 9ers have peaked. I don't really see them improving unless they land a superstar wideout.

The bolded is just such a weird take. Not because I disagree with the peaked part - I'm actually inclined to agree there given that they were so good last year. Its more about maintaining at this point since its hard to get better. 

But I feel like a superstar wideout is just so completely unnecessary for almost any team. This team's offense isn't getting considerably better with a superstar wide out...not with Jimmy G at the helm (I also feel like they could reach a slightly higher peak with a better CB2, or better offensive line moreso than superstar wideout). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The original deal was also 6 years. Jed York was all in with Shanny from the start 

...Okay? So three years again, and they're still committed for six years.

I just don't see what the rush is, especially after a pretty brutal Super Bowl loss, something that NFL teams have a ROUGH track record of recovering from. Fun fact: post-2000, no NFL team has lost a Super Bowl and made a subsequent one under the same head coach (not counting teams that throw every piece of trend data completely out the window, i.e., the Patriots).

Just now, DannyB said:

...Okay? So three years again, and they're still committed for six years.

Exactly...what I'm saying is that clearly Jed doesn't mind committing to Shanny. He's been all in from the start. 

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I just don't see what the rush is, especially after a pretty brutal Super Bowl loss, something that NFL teams have a ROUGH track record of recovering from. Fun fact: post-2000, no NFL team has lost a Super Bowl and made a subsequent one under the same head coach (not counting teams that throw every piece of trend data completely out the window, i.e., the Patriots).

Because Shanny was one of the lowest paid coaches in the NFL (Zac Taylor was being paid more) and probably wanted to rework the deal and there is no reason not to at this point. 

He’ll be fired in 2 years. What’s his record? Sheeesh. Ain’t no way the miners make the post season this year. They got some mad flukey wins last year. The ball deff Bounce their way. 

That defense is no where near as good as it played. Mad flukey. Not to mention that the Cards gave them huge issues lol. The Cards sucks. 

3 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

That defense is no where near as good as it played. Mad flukey. Not to mention that the Cards gave them huge issues lol. The Cards sucks. 

The rams lost to this guy while getting 55 put on them

tenor.gif?itemid=10226581 

• Like 4