49era extend Kyle Shanahan 6 year deal

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yes, something that should happen. Peters is going to get picked up soon if he's not given a promotion. Lynch is like the face of the franchise and is good at the microphone, while Peters is actually grinding tape on prospects and upcoming free agents. Would work out vera well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, something that should happen. Peters is going to get picked up soon if he's not given a promotion. Lynch is like the face of the franchise and is good at the microphone, while Peters is actually grinding tape on prospects and upcoming free agents. Would work out vera well. 

100% agree, Peters will be gone after this season if no action is taken, would be great to retain all three for the long haul. I could easily credit Peters almost as much for our success, the guy is legit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That would be fantastic. HC/OC - Kyle Shanahan, Team President - John Lynch, GM - Adam Peters, VP of Player Personnel - Martin Mayhew 

I'm happy we kept Shanny around. No chance of a repeat of the Harbaugh off field drama. Innovative offensive coach who not only gets the most out of his players, but also gets the utmost respect from them too. He seems to have that perfect balance of players coach/hardass

I was also looking up his history and besides us, the man has had a lot of success as an assistant. Besides helping get ATL to the SB in the '16 season, he was also instrumental in getting Washington & Cleveland their best seasons in memory. Browns went from 7-9 to 3-13 without him. This makes me optimistic that 2019 is not an outlier, but just a step in our path for long-term success & stability. 

Making 2 SB's in 4 seasons as an assistant, then HC, is pretty impressive. The other 2 years - first year of a rebuilding team, and a year where his starting QB tore his ACL 3 games into the season. Bodes well for our future

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's been in the works since peters came here. It's why elway let him leave the way he did. Peters was promised the GM job and he would never be GM in Denver because of elway 

Lynch is the perfect team president. Hell, he could run for actual president and he'd have my vote. He's already shown he knows how to lie - he definitely knew Joe Staley was going to retire LOL 

Kudos to Jed for ripping up the three remaining years of Kyle's contract. I doubt they did this just to tack on 3 extra years. This has some new money on it before then for sure. 

• Like 1

I love it. My only complaint is that it replaced the final three years of his old contract. I'd have been fine with adding it all on at the end and kept him through 2028 (though I'm sure Kyle will have a nice raise in those replaced years, so thrilled for him either way).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I love it. My only complaint is that it replaced the final three years of his old contract. I'd have been fine with adding it all on at the end and kept him through 2028 (though I'm sure Kyle will have a nice raise in those replaced years, so thrilled for him either way).

Apparently, that is very much the case. I wasn't aware, but Kyle was not a well paid head coach. He actually made less than Zac Taylor per Barrows. He is now a top 5 paid coach with the new deal, which means he makes somewhere between 9-10 million, I believe. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Apparently, that is very much the case. I wasn't aware, but Kyle was not a well paid head coach. He actually made less than Zac Taylor per Barrows. He is now a top 5 paid coach with the new deal, which means he makes somewhere between 9-10 million, I believe. 

Yeah he was making 5 mil a year and sounds like he got 10 now which is 60 mil over life of the new contract.