Eagles RG Brandon Brooks Tears Achilles

HTTRDynasty

Months away from the start of the 2020 season and the Eagles have already been dealt a devastating blow. 

Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks on Monday tore his left Achilles tendon while working out at the NovaCare Complex, according to sources. He will miss the entire 2020 season. 

I'm told Brooks knew the severity of the injury right away and was devastated. He injured himself running on a practice field. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/brandon-brooks-tears-achilles-season-181024607.html

Edited by HTTRDynasty

He’s 100% guaranteed out for the entire season already? I know it’s not the norm obviously, but in 2012 Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball in the offseason and came back to play later that year. I wonder if there’s any possibility he comes back in the event of a deep Eagles playoff run.

• Like 2

Just now, Ray Reed said:

He’s 100% guaranteed out for the entire season already? I know it’s not the norm obviously, but in 2012 Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball in the offseason and came back to play later that year. I wonder if there’s any possibility he comes back in the event of a deep Eagles playoff run.

Probably for playoff run

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

They have over 20 mil cap I believe

They have ~$25mm this year but negative ~$51mm next year.

I think they're still hoping to sign Peters back too, so I'm really not sure if they can afford Warford.  Unless they just go all in for this year.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Came back to win a Super Bowl, no less. I really wanted JJ Watt to do the same thing with the Texans last year, but apparently that level of Karma only applies with Achilles injuries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think they're still hoping to sign Peters back too, so I'm really not sure if they can afford Warford.  Unless they just go all in for this year.

From a team-building perspective, once your QB is making money, you can't afford NOT to go all-in every year. It's not like you have a ton of extra change floating around and rolling over. And a QB worth his cash isn't going to be okay with the team purposely leaving holes unfilled so that they can be slightly less terrible next year. Do the Saints model. All-in every year. Once the wheels fall off, cap will create itself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The cap is a myth anyway.The Eagles have always been “screwed next year” when it comes to the cap for like 5 years straight. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The cap is a myth anyway.The Eagles have always been “screwed next year” when it comes to the cap for like 5 years straight. 

Exactly. Howie has been a cap genius. You just restructure and restructure again. Yes, you won't be able to do what Arizona, Cleveland, or the Rams have done at times in the past several seasons, but those teams have had mixed results so far.

• Like 1

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Exactly. Howie has been a cap genius. You just restructure and restructure again. Yes, you won't be able to do what Arizona, Cleveland, or the Rams have done at times in the past several seasons, but those teams have had mixed results so far.

The man can structure a contract like a friggin wizard. I’ll give him that. He may do dumb things like draft a QB in the second round and take Derek Barnett instead of Tre White but he can work the cap 

• Like 4