Eagles RG Brandon Brooks Tears Achilles

HTTRDynasty

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

They have ~$25mm this year but negative ~$51mm next year.

I think they're still hoping to sign Peters back too, so I'm really not sure if they can afford Warford.  Unless they just go all in for this year.

That's kind of misleading though.

June 1st Alshon and Malik Jackson
Cut Brandon Graham and Marquise Goodwin
Restructure Ertz and Cox

That puts us right there at only 6 Million in the hole. And I'm not entirely sure how much money we'll get back with Brooks being out for the season.

Also considering the cap is likely go up quite a bit with the move to 17 games and bigger revenue share. Rollover money. We could definitely be looking at $30 Million in cap space next off season.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Also considering the cap is likely go up quite a bit with the move to 17 games and bigger revenue share. Rollover money. We could definitely be looking at $30 Million in cap space next off season.

I definitely wouldn't bank on this.  There are numerous reports that the cap could shrink next year rather than grow.

Your other points are noted, but those moves definitely make your team worse.

• Like 2

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I definitely wouldn't bank on this.  There are numerous reports that the cap could shrink next year rather than grow.

Your other points are noted, but those moves definitely make your team worse.

It might not go up as much as previously thought, but I'm willing to bet my presence on this site that it won't go down. The fact that the overall revenue generation capacity of moving to 17 games increases, as well as the bigger revenue share, AND the continued growth of sports gambling. There's just no way it goes down. Unless the owners literally pull some shady illegal business practices.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

It might not go up as much as previously thought, but I'm willing to bet my presence on this site that it won't go down. The fact that the overall revenue generation capacity of moving to 17 games increases, as well as the bigger revenue share, AND the continued growth of sports gambling. There's just no way it goes down. Unless the owners literally pull some shady illegal business practices.

From what I've read, that still may not offset the lost ticket sales revenue from COVID-19.  I guess we'll see.

14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

He’s 100% guaranteed out for the entire season already? I know it’s not the norm obviously, but in 2012 Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball in the offseason and came back to play later that year. I wonder if there’s any possibility he comes back in the event of a deep Eagles playoff run.

Same with Crabtree in 2013. So there still may be a chance that Brooks returns late in the season. 

• Like 1