Brandon Brooks out for 2020 - Torn Achilles

Scalamania

Months away from the start of the 2020 season and the Eagles have already been dealt a devastating blow. 

Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks on Monday tore his left Achilles tendon while working out at the NovaCare Complex, according to sources. He will miss the entire 2020 season. 

I'm told Brooks knew the severity of the injury right away and was devastated. He injured himself running on a practice field. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/brandon-brooks-tears-achilles-season-181024607.html

Hello Darkness My GIFs | Tenor

Off to a hot start in regards to continuing our reign as the one of the league's most injured teams. The cherry on top being we just made him one of the highest paid iOL and he will be 31 in a few months. Next time we see him on the field he'll be 32 coming off one of the worst injuries in sports, don't like the odds of seeing more all-pro play.

• Like 1

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hello Darkness My GIFs | Tenor

Off to a hot start in regards to continuing our reign as the one of the league's most injured teams. The cherry on top being we just made him one of the highest paid iOL and he will be 31 in a few months. Next time we see him on the field he'll be 32 coming off one of the worst injuries in sports, don't like the odds of seeing more all-pro play.

Coming of three injuries (two of which are the worst in sports) in three straight years*

So we can sign somebody like Warford (doubt) to plug the hole. Bring back JP and ask him to play guard (not sure if he would, is that like "demotion" and blow to the pride of OTs?). Or just let Pryor and Driscoll battle it out for the starting job (least sexy option but most likely). 

Losing one of the best Gs in football hurts, but better it happen now than midseason, we can still get consistency on the OL and, if we roll with one of the young guys, give them a camp and preseason w/ 1st team reps.

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Next time we see him on the field he'll be 32 coming off one of the worst injuries in sports, don't like the odds of seeing more all-pro play.

I wouldn't doubt him, but I agree. We need to start looking for a future on the interior with Kelce and Brooks getting older/banged up.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wouldn't doubt him, but I agree. We need to start looking for a future on the interior with Kelce and Brooks getting older/banged up.

I honestly completely forgot he had this same injury in the divisional game vs Saints, since he bounced back so flawlessly. Gives me a little bit more confidence that he can return to form since he and his doctors know the process, but either way we wouldn't see that form for long with his age.