Brandon Brooks out for 2020 - Torn Achilles

Scalamania

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wouldn't doubt him, but I agree. We need to start looking for a future on the interior with Kelce and Brooks getting older/banged up.

I honestly completely forgot he had this same injury in the divisional game vs Saints, since he bounced back so flawlessly. Gives me a little bit more confidence that he can return to form since he and his doctors know the process, but either way we wouldn't see that form for long with his age. 

Yeah to recover from an achilles at his size/age in less than 9 months than dominating the league is one of the most insane things I've witnessed.

I think with his athletic ability he can probably give us another couple seasons. He'll have over a year to get recovered by next years training camp.

BTW we just inked Brooks to that extension in November.

So the earliest that makes sense to move on from that contract is probably after the 2022 season.

By the time the 2023 offseason rolls around his cap hit will be just under 17 million and we'll get 12 million in cap savings. He'll also be 34 entering the season so by that time he should be falling off, but who knows. Peters was still pretty good at 37 when he could stay on the field.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

This really blows. It’s sucks missing the guy but the player is devastating. Hits keep on coming for BB. Hopefully, after recovery he can play a couple more seasons. 

With that said, Howie needs to be on the phone with Larry Worford right now. 

They cannot catch a break...

Can he do it again? He tore his other achilles in Jan 2019 and he started in the regular season. If the Eagles make the playoffs, he can potentially  join the team in January. 

1 hour ago, furti said:

They cannot catch a break...

Can he do it again? He tore his other achilles in Jan 2019 and he started in the regular season. If the Eagles make the playoffs, he can potentially  join the team in January. 

That's way optimistic. We only have 6.5 months until January. 

10 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Wonder if we could release him since it was an offseason injury.. aka Tim Jernigan. Two Achilles Inhuries is tough 

I'd rather not release him personally. He's still a fantastic player.

Does anyone know how much this saves us in money to roll over to next year?