Dr. Fauci: Football season will be hard to pull off unless players are in a bubble

49ersfan

Should the NFL play its season in a "bubble" zone?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NFL play its season in a "bubble" zone?

• Yes
    • No - play the season as normal
    • No - Cancel the 2020 season

54 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The problem is that they more than likely didn’t just get it wrong. They lied. Fauci, and I’ll be fair but other people too, to keep the masks available for healthcare workers. And WHO for more sinister reasons that I’m going to assume are off limits discussion wise.

None of this matters. It's all noise in the background at this point. You're a random dude on the internet who probably hasn't done an ounce of scientific research outside of High School. And I don't mean to sound condescending. I'm in the same boat. We have different strengths and different areas we're educated in. Most of us do not have our doctorates in research. 

The experts you're talking down about have gone through years upon years of post high school education. My wife's a scientist. The research papers she writes would fly over the head of anyone who hasn't studied this stuff or worked in the industry. It's incredible how smart she is. The things she knows about ARDS is astonishing. Truly, and I feel much more optimistic about curb stomping this virus knowing people like her are combating it. On the contrary, I feel saddened knowing many people are going to ignore it all resulting in more of my countrymen dying. 

The issue is- many people think like you. People who didn't give two-****s about science until this pandemic started. Do you think I could just walk into your job and disregard what you're saying because I did some research on the internet? Or because some people in your line of work are *** hats and now I can't trust anyone in your line of work? I'm not even going to get into the WHO or Fauci; it's a bunch of he said/she said BS.

The point is- science has led the way for medical advancement. So this shift of relying on science for the betterment of humanity to ignoring it is alarming. 

And avoid the politics of it all. Research is coming out from well respected scientists stating that masks lower the ability for the virus to spread. Are you going to ignore all of them because of some political games? Like I said, it's all background noise now. As of today, in the science community, masks are viewed as a counter measure to the spread of COVID-19. So you can either soldier up, and do what ever it takes to protect your community, or...to put it bluntly...you're part of the problem. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

The goal is to slow the spread as much as possible. Masks are one way to slow the spread according to many reputable studies. The issue with your mindset is if everyone goes about their daily life without a mask the virus will spread exponentially effecting more than just you. The proof is shown all around the world where the virus has spread (Italy, NYC, Spain, recently Arizona & Florida). When an outbreak occurs and nothing is done to slow the snowball effect hospitals get overwhelmed. The hospital I work at had to move 4-5 ICUs to make room for the COVID+ critical care population, and that's with us locking-down earlier than most places. Elective surgeries get cancelled, and hospitals enter the 'red zone' financially. Governors then are faced with the reality they may have to revert back a phase causing local businesses to suffer. 

If you're in favor of doing as much as you can to help out your local businesses and keep your community safe, then put on a mask when you can't socially distance. It's not a half *** measure. It's very easy option that everyone in the country can partake in, and have a possibly huge impact on slowing the spread and saving lives and the economy. Compare it to carrying and M16 in war. Of course, that one M16 in your hands won't make much of a difference, but if you're entire community is strapped, then you're much more prepared if invaded by some commie bastards AKA COVID-19.

So, while many people want to enjoy their lives as it was before, it's not possible. The virus is still here. We're in a ******* war, and we have to be strong and unified. Every one of our actions effects the rest of the community, so I ask you to have the awareness to make moves wisely. Life is different for now, and there's absolutely no way of ignoring this pandemic and pretending it isn't here. Ignorance is comforting, but it's a weak *** defense against this nasty little booger. It's time many people wake up from this fair tale that everything is fine, and deal with the harsh reality. It's tough, but **** it- we're tough. Every damn one of us has been through tough times in life and are still here to talk about it. Well, we're in another tough time, and once again we will persevere. Unfortunately some of us won't make it, but I'll at least be able to say I did every f***ing thing in my power to turn the tides of this war. I hope you'll reconsider, and have the same mindset. You're a warrior. A fellow comrade. We're in this platoon together. So let's curb stomp this crummy son of b**** together. 

And just note- soldiers and civilians would've loved their lives  go back to normal during WWII, but they couldn't. They had to be resilient. We need that same mindset today.

o.OxD