Kareem Jackson tests positive for Corona

Cutler06

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

Under Armor has some of these going right now

I think the design criteria would have to be next to impossible. For a mask to fit snug enough and a tight enough filter to screen out a virus you couldn't breath well enough to exert yourself.

I've had to use N95's before in some construction activities and it's like breathing through a straw. No way could you get enough oxygen to run full tilt or fully exert yourself in the trenches.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:33 PM, AKRNA said:

I think the design criteria would have to be next to impossible. For a mask to fit snug enough and a tight enough filter to screen out a virus you couldn't breath well enough to exert yourself.

I've had to use N95's before in some construction activities and it's like breathing through a straw. No way could you get enough oxygen to run full tilt or fully exert yourself in the trenches.

What if was more about zapping / destroying the virus vs not letting it through? Like a carbon filter, but for virus.

10 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

What if was more about zapping / destroying the virus vs not letting it through? Like a carbon filter, but for virus.

It's kind of an engineering conundrum. Any filter restricts flow whether its fluid or air. The finer the filter the more restrictive the flow. I think I read it takes a .5 Micron filter to defeat the virus.

You couldn't breathe. A self contained oxygen supply would really be the only alternative. 

13 hours ago, AKRNA said:

13 hours ago, AKRNA said:

It's kind of an engineering conundrum. Any filter restricts flow whether its fluid or air. The finer the filter the more restrictive the flow. I think I read it takes a .5 Micron filter to defeat the virus.

You couldn't breathe. A self contained oxygen supply would really be the only alternative. 

So, our new star linebacker is Adam Sandler? (Water boy meets Scuba Steve)

• 2 weeks later...

So with MLB, NBA & NHL all officially opening back up, it's abundantly clear that the only way a full NFL season is going to be played is if they go the bubble route.  I don't know how this works, or if the infrastructure is even available.  Maybe a bubble per division and the first 8 weeks are all in-division games?  Then there's a "travel bye" for all teams to relocate to their new bubbles and play their remaining schedules?  Idk, glad it's not my job - but it's clear a traveling schedule won't work.

Zero positive tests in the NBA & NHL bubbles vs 6 MLB teams on pause through the first 10 days of their season says it all.  NFL must adapt accordingly.

As far as players getting it goes...  (Disclaimer:  I don't wish it on anyone since the symptoms are so drastic/unpredictable from person to person).  From a team and football/competition only standpoint, getting it right now is probably for the better.  It sounds like there's not a full on herd immunity, and antibodies only last a few months, but guys who get it and kick it now may be less likely to have their season interrupted.  Obviously I'd prefer no players get it and the league goes to a bubble system so the players are at a much lower risk-level (as seen in the caseloads of NBA/NHL vs MLB).