Rams and Chargers will be 2020 Hard Knocks Teams

HTTRDynasty

Why would you invite a film crew to contaminate your football team ?
NFL Teams are jumping through a hundred hoops to keep their players and facilities clean - and then they turn around and blow the deal
If I were Rams/Chargers bosses, I'd tell HBO to go pound rocks

• Like 2

gonna be quite interesting to see the mcvay-goff dynamic play out behind the cameras to see how he is coached, given there's all the fanfare that goff is a system guy and mcvay's puppet. if that is the real truth i'll be quite intrigued to see how drills etc are run and how much (or little) independence goff has during the offseason

On 6/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, BStanRamFan said:

As a Rams fan, I'm excited to see my team, but I understand from other fanbases why this is annoying to see them again. Could/Should of just done this with the Chargers. Rumors of Kapernick being brought in for a workout with the LAC and even the Rams are in the market for a quality backup so the timing of this announcement is suspect. By comparison the Raiders annoucement of being the HardKnocks team was 6/11/2019 so a week earlier. 

This news was all but official months ago. Kaepernick has nothing to do with it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885454-report-rams-chargers-planned-for-hbos-hard-knocks-for-2020-training-camp

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, tyler735 said:

A series showing 2 mediocre at best teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. No thanks.

Before this year, the criteria to be on the show used to include "no playoff berths in the last 2 years," so this is actually a breath of fresh air in comparison.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:43 PM, beardown3231 said:

Before this year, the criteria to be on the show used to include "no playoff berths in the last 2 years," so this is actually a breath of fresh air in comparison.

That makes sense I was wondering why it always seemed to be crappy teams on it. Probably why I never really watched it much.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:17 AM, tyler735 said:

A series showing 2 mediocre at best teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. No thanks.

Both teams didn't make the playoffs sure but their far from mediocre. At least as far as stars go. That's usually what tunes in viewers, you're telling me the Raiders team last year was more exciting then both these teams?

Akers could be fun to watch. He's expected to pick up the reigns of Todd Gurley so I'd imagine he will be a major focus for hard knocks. Other than that, I'd imagine it will just be a lot of McVay hype and watching Aaron Donald training.