Deebo Samuel suffered broken foot

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Deebo saying he will be back before season starts 

players say all kinds of stuff, but a foot fracture for a WR isn't trivial.
Typical recovery time takes him into the start of camp, but they are going to take it slow for sure. Several WRs tried to come back too soon and it messed up the whole season -  like it did for Sammy Watkins

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

players say all kinds of stuff, but a foot fracture for a WR isn't trivial.

Yep, saw it with Hollywood this past year. You can get back on the field and be an asset pretty quickly, but I would expect it to slow him down a bit this whole season.

Pretty sure it's the same injury that derailed Trent Taylor's 2019 season as well. Not something you want to rush back from. Deebo's best asset is accelerating after the catch so if I'm the 9ers I PUP him and try to grit it out for 6 games. 

Will be interesting to see if the 49ers target a notable FA like Antonio Brown or Josh Gordon. 

9 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Pretty sure it's the same injury that derailed Trent Taylor's 2019 season as well. Not something you want to rush back from. Deebo's best asset is accelerating after the catch so if I'm the 9ers I PUP him and try to grit it out for 6 games. 

Will be interesting to see if the 49ers target a notable FA like Antonio Brown or Josh Gordon. 

It was the same injury at Taylor had last year. The difference is that Taylor's first surgery didn't work and they went in again to fix it and then he got an infection. Fingers crossed that Deebo's recovery goes better. 

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yeah, I didn't expect him to make the roster, so I'm not overly concerned about this one, though he still has some fans. For whatever reason, we appear to be reticent to use him on offense, and he's largely meh as a returner.